Nashville Yards, 15 acres/4 million sq. ft./ $1 billion, Phase I: Grand Hyatt Hotel (25 stories), Phase II: Amazon (26 & 22 stories), Phase III: AEG District (4 K theater, 34 & 35 story apts); Phase IV: Pinnacle Tower (35 stories), Amazon 3 (43)

1 hour ago, MLBrumby said:

Did this image get posted here?  NP reported that the foundation permits for P04 or P05 was issued. 

Screen_Shot_2019_03_22_at_11.11.54_AM.5c952edbe85e3.jpg

Thanks for posting this.  It gives me a clearer perspective of where everything is going.

@CityHeart, it shows me that the ramp goes basically nowhere.  It's a long walk down to a grassy area and won't get nearly as much use as it would if it led to P09-A or a few restaurants and shops..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ramp goes into the green space, also will be a really cool photo spot. The new street design for 10th will push people to those buildings. This green space will be extremely important to the connective tissue of Nashville, especially if this is the "replacement" of other green space in the city. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Oh not to forget Metro or the State as one of them owns the right of way under the bridge.

It's TDOT. This bridge is on the replacement list as well so it would be good not to overbuild the area around it. There are already ROW issues on the other approach with Gannett using the area underneath as a storage facility.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

The news is that HOK is the architect and the name is a Park MGM hotel.  The fact that we have other architect companies other than HKS is important. I was afraid we were going to get all of the building looking the same and sort of generic, so the news here is fantastic IMO.

I stayed in a Park MGM in Vegas right after it was renovated from being a Monte Carlo. Pretty Nice, albeit standard hotel room. The lobby and check in areas were first rate, which is to be expected in Vegas. I wonder how much the rooms will cost, my room in Vegas was around $70 a night, which included a discount for being an MGM rewards member. Vegas has some of the lowest hotel rates in the country during the off season, but $70 was a steal. Will be interesting to see their room rates in Nashville.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Sicilian Pizza & Pasta, one of the last holdouts in the small masonry building at 905 Church Street (part of the Nashville Yards footprint), is relocating to The Barrister's Building at 327 Union in May. 

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/food-business/article/21061709/sicilian-pizza-to-move-within-downtown

34 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Sicilian Pizza & Pasta, one of the last holdouts in the small masonry building at 905 Church Street (part of the Nashville Yards footprint), is relocating to The Barrister's Building at 327 Union in May. 

They’ve been closed for a little bit, they’ve temporarily relocated operations to Michelangelo’s on Elliston. 

• Thanks 1

They are actually working the entire site putting in the infrastructure, so its getting really hard to tell what is actually under construction until it starts rising out of the ground.

According to permits, the only buildings under construction are the Hyatt and the first Amazon Building.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We dont know for sure yet as it has not show up on any of the agendas, but I look at it this way; they had a large building on the north side they wanted to fill and now they have two buildings that are filled there. So they want more office space and are probably getting more inquires as a project like this one builds upon itself and actually creates more demand as other business want to be close to Amazon, so they may in fact move forward with this faster than we think. 

This could also be a ploy to get Oracle or another as yet unnamed company we dont know about. Lots of scenarios that could be in play.

• Like 4