Nashville Yards, 15 acres/4 million sq. ft./ $1 billion, Phase I: Grand Hyatt Hotel (25 stories), Phase II: Amazon (26 & 22 stories), Phase III: AEG District (4 K theater, 34 & 35 story apts); Phase IV: Pinnacle Tower (35 stories), Amazon 3 (43)

I wonder when they will start construction of upper 10th Ave. It seems like it would be extremely difficult to start this during the construction of the Amazon tower since lower 10th is the ONLY access to the site. I guess they may be able to use Church street to get materials on the site? 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Craiger said:

I wonder when they will start construction of upper 10th Ave. It seems like it would be extremely difficult to start this during the construction of the Amazon tower since lower 10th is the ONLY access to the site. I guess they may be able to use Church street to get materials on the site? 

How far will upper 10th go past Amazon?

I believe Upper 10th will only go at most one block north and south of Church, primarily for the purpose of access at 'street' level for the Amazon lobby and the parking garage. The renderings I've seen of the southern portion look like a courtyard and access to the Nashville Yards tower and the MGM Park hotel. 

• Like 1

Ok...I know I probably asked this before...but I've blinked since then, clearing all of my memory. :D

Will it be one tower right now with parking being next to it (where tower 2 will go)...and then tower 2 built on top of parking at a later date?  Or...is tower 2 being build right now as well?

5 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

I would hope that any highrise over five or six stories would be a steel frame structure!

https://www.cnn.com/style/article/wooden-skyscrapers-timber-trend-catching-fire-duplicate-2/index.html

You better watch out then @BnaBreaker !!! Wood is coming.

https://www.curbed.com/2017/10/9/16449494/tall-timber-building-skyscraper

• Like 4