Nashville Yards, 15 acres/4 million sq. ft./ $1 billion, Phase I: Grand Hyatt Hotel (25 stories), Phase II: Amazon (26 & 22 stories), Phase III: AEG District (4 K theater, 34 & 35 story apts); Phase IV: Pinnacle Tower (35 stories), Amazon 3 (43)

What’s the deal with that 600’ tower in the latest renderings, anyway? All I’ve found on the surface is a set of completely uninformative articles. Does anyone know if permits have been sought? Dealt? What’s the status and likelihood of the thing actually materializing? It looks like it would be a nice tower, if a bit bland (although that is only a vague rendering). I wouldn’t mind it myself, but... I’m skeptical. It seems a bit dubious, what with the lack of official information. 

28F644AE-0FA4-49B3-92C6-85C4CAD37BB6.jpeg

307BB340-1C92-4FC5-A4F7-DB4C282E804E.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LA_TN said:

The original master plan called for a large/tall office tower on the other side of Church St. Amazon took both parcels across Church St. and are building two shorter towers (20-25 stories). So Nashville Yards altered their master plan to increase this parcel to a 40 story office tower. Currently, this is being marketed as a 40-story tower. Will have to wait to see if a tenant(s) will be found or if this is built on spec. There is good discussion on this earlier in this thread

Apologies for the delay. Thank you kindly! I haven’t delved I to the thread’s earlier pages like I ought to have. I’ll seek that out. 

• Like 1

I've pictured the "wall of buildings" along the tracks stretching from Nashville Yards down to the Liff development close to the one end of the Gulch pedestrian bridge in my head numerous times and I'm still not sure how I feel about it?