Nashville Yards, 15 acres/4 million sq. ft./ $1 billion, Phase I: Grand Hyatt Hotel (25 stories), Phase II: Amazon (26 & 22 stories), Phase III: AEG District (4 K theater, 34 & 35 story apts); Phase IV: Pinnacle Tower (35 stories), Amazon 3 (43)

11 hours ago, chris holman said:

Rendering of the 600ft tower going up in Arlington 

181025_hero_copyright.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, that looks like the 900ft tower going up in Detroit. I could be wrong though, but it looks extremely similar.

Edit: This is definitely going up in Detroit.

https://www.hudsonssitedetroit.com/

11 hours ago, FromParkAveToTN said:

I heard Atlanta is getting a Nashville Yards now.

We are getting "Atlantic" Yards. 

https://www.hines.com/properties/atlantic-yards-atlanta

None of us are super fond of it especially with the big driveway, but thank heavens something is finally filling in Atlantic Station.

Edited by Ric0_0
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ric0_0 said:

If I'm not mistaken, that looks like the 900ft tower going up in Detroit. I could be wrong though, but it looks extremely similar.

Edit: This is definitely going up in Detroit.

https://www.hudsonssitedetroit.com/

We are getting "Atlantic" Yards. 

https://www.hines.com/properties/atlantic-yards-atlanta

None of us are super fond of it especially with the big driveway, but thank heavens something is finally filling in Atlantic Station.

My bad it shows this building when i looked up Amazon new towers google is not always reliable i guess 

4 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

I think the retail manager would be for a bricks and mortar Amazon store. I had mentioned this to William. My guess it will be within NY.

Yes the listing reads very absolutely like they are looking for a manager for a brick and mortar retail store in Nashville. The fact they are hiring for it now though makes me think maybe not yards though since that’s still a ways out.

On 7/19/2019 at 5:01 PM, DDIG said:

Yes the listing reads very absolutely like they are looking for a manager for a brick and mortar retail store in Nashville. The fact they are hiring for it now though makes me think maybe not yards though since that’s still a ways out.

Here in San Diego, they opened up an Amazon Bookstore in one of the malls about a year ago. It's basically a smaller Barnes and Noble. This is probably what this brick and mortar store is going to be, especially if it's going up in Green Hills Mall.

• Thanks 1

On 7/16/2019 at 3:26 PM, PillowTalk4 said:

For those whom may not know much about Arlington you first need to know that Arlington is not a city, it's a county.  But it is often referred to as Arlington, VA as if it's a city.  There are however, several towns within Arlington.  The four most prominent townships in Arlington for business are Rosslyn, Balston, Crystal City and Pentagon City.  Amazon is locating primarily in the Crystal City area, which also happens to be bordered by Pentagon City.  They pretty much blend into one another.  

Arlington is... weird. It is a self governing county that has no incorporated cities within it, so the county government effectively acts in the same way as a city government. Even the census bureau treats it as a CDP. The places you mentioned are not townships, but rather just neighborhoods that have no self governing bodies. For instance, when I lived in Arlington just a couple of years ago my apartment was in the Crystal City neighborhood, and my mailing address was Arlington and all local government interactions were with Arlington.

• Thanks 2