Nashville Yards, 15 acres/4 million sq. ft./ $1 billion, Phase I: Grand Hyatt Hotel (25 stories), Phase II: Amazon (26 & 22 stories), Phase III: AEG District (4 K theater, 34 & 35 story apts); Phase IV: Pinnacle Tower (35 stories), Amazon 3 (43)

2 hours ago, Craiger said:

I thought that was just the “code name” while Amazon and Metro / the State were working out their secret deal to bless the city with untold wealth an opportunity. 

But...what if "Amazon" is the code name and this is actually for a company named Gardendale? :shok:

Edited by titanhog
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, PHofKS said:

Maybe I missed it, but is the Amazon Tower 2 actually going up or are they just building the parking garage structure for now? Where/when was that announced or verified? Thanks.

Not sure at this point. They are definitely working on the garage, but I suspect they will keep on going.

• Thanks 3

On 10/29/2019 at 7:23 PM, rolly said:

Mark,

Those are just great shots.  Look at how fast this tower is going up.

This hotel should generate a ton of activity in this area. What a fabulous addition to downtown. The perfect tower to open up Nashville Yards!

Love your consistently positive take on things.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, titanhog said:

^^Mark...when I count the floors on the renders, it always seems like more than this (like 2-3 more).   Is that just the western curtain wall that gives it that appearance of more floors?

That’s what I was thinking. I think the side along Broadway has a rooftop bar that is partially covered. They are working on the walls for that bar now. Along the train tracks, they are pouring the roof for the top floor, but the facade, from what I can tell, will have a tall curtain wall that is 2-3 stories on top of that.

• Like 3

Count from Broadway up. Tell me what you have and that will give us the number of floors. They do not count from 10th or the tracks in the height. Metro does not count that in the official height as their count either and that goes from the Church street viaduct as well. The count starts at the Church or Broadway level.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Count from Broadway up. Tell me what you have and that will give us the number of floors. They do not count from 10th or the tracks in the height. Metro does not count that in the official height as their count either and that goes from the Church street viaduct as well. The count starts at the Church or Broadway level.

I just go from the render and count the number of floors on the west side (tracks side) when the windows go from probably 15' to 10'.  Seems there are a few more 10' sections to go...but not sure if it's just curtain wall or if there are more "floors".

Amazon Tower One (20 stories, 566,000 sq. ft.) update.  Up to the 6th floor above Church St. Viaduct, 8th floor above 10th Ave. North.

Looking NE from Church Street Viaduct where it crosses over CSX tracks:

Amazon One, Nov 3, 2019, 1.jpg

Looking west from Church St., 1/2 block east of 10th Ave. North:

Amazon One, Nov 3, 2019, 2.jpg

Looking NW from 9th Ave. North, 1/2 block north of Commerce St:

Amazon One, Nov 3, 2019, 3.jpg

Looking NE from intersection of 11th AVe. North and Porter St:

Amazon One, Nov 3, 2019, 4.jpg

Looking south from 10th Ave. North and Union St:

Amazon One, Nov 3, 2019, 5.jpg

• Like 4