Nashville Yards, 15 acres/4 million sq. ft./ $1 billion, Phase I: Grand Hyatt Hotel (25 stories), Phase II: Amazon (26 & 22 stories), Phase III: AEG District (4 K theater, 34 & 35 story apts); Phase IV: Pinnacle Tower (35 stories), Amazon 3 (43)

3 hours ago, CenterHill said:

I'm curious whether NES has an agreement with anyone (eg, with the YMCA?) to sell their land on 10th when they move their substation to 11th.   Anyone know?  

I am not sure how that works. They are a qusai government entity, so I am unsure if they have to go through a bidding process or not. I would assume they will sell it as it will be obsolete once the new substation is built.

7 minutes ago, fishsticks176 said:

I just overheard a conversation between what sounded like two of the equity guys for Nashville Yards. No hard information, but they said the future phases of the project are set to accelerate their timeline and that the third building is already about to go under contract to an office tenant desiring two million square feet of space in the heart of the city. It sounded like they were in town to close that deal. Obviously take it for what it’s worth, but I thought it was interesting enough to share.

By the "third building", do you mean the tallest one in the renderings? Where did you overhear this conversation, just curious?

2MM SF... is that a typo? Must be Oracle?

• Like 4

Could be in regards to this:

"This is going to become even more critical and even higher priority when the headquarters for Asurion is completed in 2021. That will add 2,500 workers, and the headquarters for Amazon will add another 5,000 workers. And it's rumored that there'll be another 5,000 Amazon workers in short order."

https://www.tnledger.com/editorial/Article.aspx?id=122710

Edited by jkc2j
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, fishsticks176 said:

I just overheard a conversation between what sounded like two of the equity guys for Nashville Yards. No hard information, but they said the future phases of the project are set to accelerate their timeline and that the third building is already about to go under contract to an office tenant desiring two million square feet of space in the heart of the city. It sounded like they were in town to close that deal. Obviously take it for what it’s worth, but I thought it was interesting enough to share.

2 million sf?!?! That is a ton of office space. Hope this is true, and it’s huge news if this is the case. Very exciting and thanks for letting everyone know.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Craiger said:

It's obviously not up to me, but I sure would prefer multiple large companies coming in as opposed to a single massive employer. 

I just can't imagine Amazon allowing another large company to come in next door to them and take more sq. footage than them.  Part of the reason they probably have first dibs...plus the fact that they are potentially going to hire more than 5000.  I could only see Amazon backing off if it were a company they worked with closely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fishsticks176 said:

I personally hope it is a large international corporation based in America somewhere that is relocating to Nashville. I know that is a vague fantasy that probably won't happen, but with all the office space coming online recently in Nashville it makes you wonder what is causing all of that to be built.

Also if amazon decides to double-down on Nashville and add excess of 10,000 workers, how will that impact the infrastructure here? It just is odd to me as a present outsider to the city that although the city is raved about and a fun place to live and work with many things to do, the infrastructure is SO lacking, and the airport is small with limited international flight options. I feel like these things would be forced to change in an event that a large company like amazon plants it's roots in Nashville, although I could be wrong.

18 minutes ago, dxfret said:

Binbin98. The current infrastructure is not SO lacking, only a bit challenged due to the intense pace of growth over the past few years. The airport is not small to begin with and it is currently in the midst of a large expansion.  International flight options are just fine for now and they will most certainly grow as the city/region grow and this phase of BNA Vision is completed.  

And...it's pretty obvious that Nashville may be the type of city that changes when it's forced to change...but eventually gets it done.  So...even if we're lacking something now, that doesn't mean we won't rectify that if absolutely necessary.

Edited by titanhog
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Binbin98 said:

I personally hope it is a large international corporation based in America somewhere that is relocating to Nashville. I know that is a vague fantasy that probably won't happen, but with all the office space coming online recently in Nashville it makes you wonder what is causing all of that to be built.

Also if amazon decides to double-down on Nashville and add excess of 10,000 workers, how will that impact the infrastructure here? It just is odd to me as a present outsider to the city that although the city is raved about and a fun place to live and work with many things to do, the infrastructure is SO lacking, and the airport is small with limited international flight options. I feel like these things would be forced to change in an event that a large company like amazon plants it's roots in Nashville, although I could be wrong.

I wouldn’t consider an airport that sees over 16 million pax “small.” Compared to a mega-hub, sure, but it compares very well with our peers cities.  International service is also being addressed through BNA vision, as we’ll be able to handle three wide bodies(or six narrow bodies) at once after completion vs just one now. 

Edited by downtownresident
  • Like 3