Nashville Yards, 15 acres/4 million sq. ft./ $1 billion, Phase I: Grand Hyatt Hotel (25 stories), Phase II: Amazon (26 & 22 stories), Phase III: AEG District (4 K theater, 34 & 35 story apts); Phase IV: Pinnacle Tower (35 stories), Amazon 3 (43)

4 hours ago, markhollin said:

Grand Hyatt (23 stories, 591 rooms) update.  Glass about 70% complete.

Looking NE from Broadway Viaduct where it crosses over CSX tracks:

Grand Hyatt, Nov 9, 2019, 1.jpg

Looking SW from 9th Ave. North, 1/2 block north of Commerce St:

Grand Hyatt, Nov 9, 2019, 2.jpg

I really hope they extend the “fins” down the front of the building to the ground, and light them up at night. Would make for a very striking and different building than what we’ve had built over the last few years. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

I am just not a fan of the greenery they are putting on these buildings.  Dont get me wrong as I am all for being green but this crap just does not look right and it does not seem to work here. Example the nasty vines growing up Gulch Crossings. Out of place, thet are not growing, and vines are just crap. If they want something that grows, plant kudzu.

Just do a mural!

The call for kudzu gives me a mental image of downtown covered entirely in kudzu. That would be unique, not to mention green.

Edited by archilove
  • Haha 2

I can't pull photos out of a slideshow embedded in a Tennessean article. So if someone wants to pull a few out for posting would be great. There are some very nice shots of downtown from the u/c Grand Hyatt. It's really amazing to me how dense things have gotten (and will get) not just on the old dt side, but now looking south (the Gulch looks really dense) and west too. Just a matter of a couple of years and the north side of the Hyatt will look just as dense.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2019/11/16/grand-hyatt-nashville-celebrated-its-topping-out-friday-morning/4192136002/

• Like 1