Nashville Yards, 15 acres/4 million sq. ft./ $1 billion, Phase I: Grand Hyatt Hotel (25 stories), Phase II: Amazon (26 & 22 stories), Phase III: AEG District (4 K theater, 34 & 35 story apts); Phase IV: Pinnacle Tower (35 stories), Amazon 3 (43)

1 hour ago, NashWellington11 said:

In the new renderings, the black and white design on the parking garage for Amazon 1 & 2 looks like it may be the actual finish on the garage cladding instead of a giant mural. There is a separate, much smaller spot shown for a mural (shown in orange below).

1745602366_Amazon2.thumb.JPG.0a69713594fe24646aa842c6e8d5bbba.JPG

380002400_Amazon3.thumb.JPG.51a418202174395723dcfe6ebe5a7c4f.JPG

These two seem like they are the same elevation (looking east), but showing different exterior cladding and finish materials. 

I like the first one better, personally, with the glass curtain walls, pedestal cladding and the virtual forest on top of the parking deck and on top of Building 1. 

Normally....just kinda on average, multiply residential / hotel floors by 11 and office by 15 and you’ll be somewhere in the ballpark...depending on crowns.

So a 24 story hotel will probably be somewhere in the 260-280 range...while a 24 story office would probably be in the 350-375 range.

Edited by titanhog
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Amazon has dibs on ALL of the office space in the Yards.

Sounds like they're definitely going to have at least 10k workers, here...right?

Also...how many buildings would that be?  They have tower 1 and 2...then the tall tower would be 3 and the one next to it is 4.  Is there another?

I recall a plan was for Amazon to be the main tenant in the Yards, and the nearby office space would be coveted by Amazon suppliers and affiliated operators. But if Amazon dibs up ALL the Yards space, then the that supplier/affiliated office space will be to be built nearby. I wonder if any developers are eyeing some nearby spots?
Not a lot left, especially with Tony G's new residential project. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rolly said:

I recall a plan was for Amazon to be the main tenant in the Yards, and the nearby office space would be coveted by Amazon suppliers and affiliated operators. But if Amazon dibs up ALL the Yards space, then the that supplier/affiliated office space will be to be built nearby. I wonder if any developers are eyeing some nearby spots?

There’s quite a bit being planned on that side of downtown. We’ve got the project at 1222 Demonbreun, 1221 Broadway, and whatever Highwoods decides to put up at the Tennessean site that will be bringing office space online near the Yards. We also have the 1 million monster proposed at Circle South by Lincoln Property who is also working on Nashville Yards. 

Edited by downtownresident
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, rolly said:

At what point do the economics make sense to start building... taller? Similar to what sized projects regularly hit Midtown ATL.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, nativenashville said:

At what point do the economics make sense to start building... taller? Similar to what sized projects regularly hit Midtown ATL.

You would think that now makes sense to start a new tall office tower. The location is ideal. I just winder if Amazon contractually does have some hold on the site for a time. I'd try to make them commit soon or move on. 

• Like 2