Nashville Yards, 15 acres/4 million sq. ft./ $1 billion, Phase I: Grand Hyatt Hotel (25 stories), Phase II: Amazon (26 & 22 stories), Phase III: AEG District (4 K theater, 34 & 35 story apts); Phase IV: Pinnacle Tower (35 stories), Amazon 3 (43)

2 hours ago, markhollin said:

Amazon Tower Two Garage update.  Up to 2nd level.

Looking south from intersection of 10th Ave. North and Union St:

Amazon Two , Jan 5, 2020, 1.jpg

Looking west from intersection of 10th Ave. North and Union St:

Amazon Two , Jan 5, 2020, 2.jpg

Do we know yet whether the second tower will be completed now?  Seems like the original announcement said they would be built in stages.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, donNdonelson2 said:

I’m anxious to know if the 4000 seat venue will book concerts only, or if they might book some of the big blockbuster Broadway show tours, competing with TPAC.

The signage plan might be giving some hints. (page 74 of this topic)

2046891875_AEGDistrictNasvhilleYardsDec1

BTW, AEG also manages Staples Center at LA Live where the Grammy Awards ceremony is held. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, nashvylle said:

The stucco on the backside of this building is really ugly given the hotel brand. Simply a darker color would do a lot. 

My feelings are the same. I would've expected a much higher quality material on the "non-money" side of the building. Granted in a couple years we wont even see it cause of the other buildings, but you will see it from those buildings

• Like 1

Celebrity chef Sean Brock  is partnering with Grand Hyatt Nashville to create and operate their yet-to-be-named signature restaurant. The 6,500 sq. ft. space should be ready when the hotel has its grand opening in the fall of 2020. There will be two entrances, one  facing Broadway, and the other from within the main lobby. The space will be designed by Nick Dryden of DAAD, and will include two bars.

The restaurant plans to give guests “contemporary renditions of luxury favorites” from the 19th and 20th centuries, such as crab louie, lobster thermidor and oysters Rockefeller, along with "gueridon" service (table side cart service) presentation of dishes like trout amandine, Caesar salad, crepes suzette and more. Items like whole roasted chicken and beef wellington, which will be carved table side, will be menu staples.

“The idea is to create an experience that strikes a chord of nostalgia, but also is very focused on creating memories for our guests,” Brock said. “To do that, you can’t just open a great, regular restaurant. You need more layers. In order to create an important restaurant that people want to continue visiting, the service and cuisine have to be timeless and not trendy.”

More behind theNBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2020/01/15/chef-sean-brock-reveals-restaurant-for-massive.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, NashWellington11 said:

What stucco are you talking about? I don't see any stucco or hardy board-type materials. The lighter colored material on the tower is a precast stone which is pretty much the same as on the Omni.

None of the materials on the base are the final cladding. The orange is a weatherproofing material and the cinder-block wall will likely be painted and/or immediately covered up by the adjacent building.

you're correct- I am complaining about the color of the precast stone. It looks bad IMO

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, nashvylle said:

you're correct- I am complaining about the color of the precast stone. It looks bad IMO

Yeah...I'm not a fan of the hotels that seem to use that light beige color.  I realize it's probably the easiest to match other colors / shades to...but it does end up looking like Nashville stucco from a distance.  To me, it's like someone painting the rooms in their home all beige because it's the least "offensive" color that the masses will accept.  I'd rather they be a little braver with colors.  This isn't a knock specifically on this project...but on all projects who go this route.  Some take chances...some don't.

• Like 2

OK, I am going out on a limb here and say that I actually like the beige precast facade.  It sets the building apart from all the gray boxes that seem to be going up around it.  And I note that in the photo below, taken today, it fits with some of the older buildings in the central business district.

IMG_2949.thumb.jpg.e07afe6e83b7389a9a39d718bc1961a7.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1