Nashville Yards, 15 acres/4 million sq. ft./ $1 billion, Phase I: Grand Hyatt Hotel (25 stories), Phase II: Amazon (26 & 22 stories), Phase III: AEG District (4 K theater, 34 & 35 story apts); Phase IV: Pinnacle Tower (35 stories), Amazon 3 (43)

This office building in Memphis was the first thing that came to mind when I saw it. Perhaps it will look better in clear skies.

image.png.0df59437441005d971c8a1bf93fe4552.png

I understand that blank walls are often a necessary evil with hotel configurations, but I wish developers would do a better job at attempting to mask them.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, VSRJ said:

I understand that blank walls are often a necessary evil with hotel configurations, but I wish developers would do a better job at attempting to mask them.

That cinder block wall will be covered up soon enough by the 18 story residential tower which should break ground sometime this year.   : )

• Like 4

6 hours ago, rolly said:

The apartment buildings need to be up-sized as well. 
They were spec-ed out back when the Amazon campus was just at 5,000 in a pair of 24 floor towers.

Now we're seeing over 60 floors (37 + 27) of new office space (compared to the 16 story towers in the original plan).  And the Amazon campus possibly swelling to over 10,000. 
You'd figure the demand for local housing should also scale up. Heck, Broadwest is building a 35 story residential.  These residentials in the Yards occupy too valuable a space to waste on 18 story towers. Maybe we'll see some floors added. 

Didn’t they already up size them from 15 to 18? At this point 21-24 would be solid. How likely is it?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, downtownresident said:

I’m sure that the sidewalks will be a good bit wider along the redeveloped areas, and the rest of the bridge can be widened when it is eventually replaced. 

Seems to me it would depend on how close these new buildings (like Amazon and Asurion) are to the bridge.  Then...how close will the tall building at Nash Yards be to the current bridge?  They're already building Upper 10th directly into the current width...so I'm not sure they're ever planning on widening Church...though it seems like another 10' total (at least) would really help it.