Nashville Yards, 15 acres/4 million sq. ft./ $1 billion, Phase I: Grand Hyatt Hotel (25 stories), Phase II: Amazon (26 & 22 stories), Phase III: AEG District (4 K theater, 34 & 35 story apts); Phase IV: Pinnacle Tower (35 stories), Amazon 3 (43)

On 2/12/2020 at 7:07 AM, nashvylle said:

My only complaint is there aren’t enough signs.... what the hell is cooper’s deal 

Reminds me of a quote from Amadeus:

Emperor Joseph II:  My dear young man, ..there are simply too many notes, that's all.  Just cut a few and it will be perfect.
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart: Which few did you have in mind, Majesty?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, titanhog said:

Ok...silly question.  While building upper 10th...I notice they use "square" forms to pour the concrete.  Will they go back and "saw off" the edges to make the roadway the width of the road and shoulders...or will they leave the huge square concrete slabs the way they are poured?

upper 10.jpg

I am not sure I understand what you are saying but nothing is done without purpose. If you are talking about the squared off portions that are wider, I suspect that will be entrances to the parking garages for the future buildings. There will probably be entrances off of lower 10th as well as upper 10th. Ii hope that is what you are talking about.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, markhollin said:

Amazon One update.  Up to the floor now. Trim work on southern side (Church Street Viaduct) glass starting to be mounted.
Amazon One, Feb 16, 2020, 1.jpg

This one is going to be pretty!

Also, the glass looks much bluer in these photos than it does in real life. In actuality, it's almost more of a gray color. Definitely different than all of the variations of blue glass already all over town.

• Like 2

Thanks for the info.  I remember viewing the upper 10th diagrams...but I didn't fully absorb the layout.  So...upper 10th will be on both sides of Church...ending at north side of Amazon tower 2?  And within Nashville Yards...will it end just before Commerce?   Will Church St be the only road entrance to upper 10th?  I know there will be garage entrance / exits...so conceivably, you could enter a garage on lower 10th and exit on upper 10th...right?

1 hour ago, MLBrumby said:

If those are the latest renderings, then the tallest tower in the original renderings is shorter now, and the tower immediately to the south is taller. 

Hard to tell.  Since I think Amazon 1 is somewhere in the 350' range...making Amazon 2 probably 370' or so...that would make the 2nd tallest building in NY about 420 or 430'...and the tall building at last 550' or so?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It's probably just a coincidence that Amazon's “Operations Center of Excellence”,  with functions as customer fulfillment, supply chain management, and transportation would be located within arm's reach of an active railway.  I could imagine the engineers working on those topics could be inspired as they watch these long freight trains going by all day. 

2020-02-20 16_52_20-Nashville Yards.png

• Like 4