Nashville Yards, 15 acres/4 million sq. ft./ $1 billion, Phase I: Grand Hyatt Hotel (25 stories), Phase II: Amazon (26 & 22 stories), Phase III: AEG District (4 K theater, 34 & 35 story apts); Phase IV: Pinnacle Tower (35 stories), Amazon 3 (43)

Of course, the whole time the Omni was u/c it was touted as 22 floors, which was actually the tower portion.  The finished height from street to top is 25.  I believe there was another hotel built recently where that was how they counted the floors.  I think sometimes, business writers for the local paper will go to the big announcement.  The developers will say, "we will build a lobby and conference rooms and a twenty-two story tower with 800 rooms."  All they hear is 22-stories. 

Frankly, I don't recall that site being very big (2/3 acre?); and don't they want to build 600 rooms?  So just guesstimating with about 25-28 rooms per floor would be 23-24 floors.  I'd be very surprised if that 23 floors does not refer to only the tower portion.  So with an additional 2-3 floors, it could be up to 26 stories tall.  Hopefully with a sharp design and their logo at the top, it could be recognizable from the foot of Broadway.  All speculating.  

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 4

44 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

Frankly, I don't recall that site being very big (2/3 acre?); and don't they want to build 600 rooms?  So just guesstimating with about 25-28 rooms per floor would be 23-24 floors.  I'd be very surprised if that 23 floors does not refer to only the tower portion.  So with an additional 2-3 floors, it could be up to 26 stories tall.  Hopefully with a sharp design and their logo at the top, it could be recognizable from the foot of Broadway.  All speculating.  

That's what I was thinking. This is a rather small lot for 591 rooms in a 23-story tower. Maybe they will be expanding across the border of this lot, onto the rest of the old Lifeway Campus?

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Exclusive: New investor revealed for billion-dollar downtown development

Another connection from the San Diego area is behind a planned overhaul to the former campus of LifeWay Christian Resources.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2017/02/24/exclusivenew-investor-revealed-for-billion-dollar.html

• Like 4

So far, all I've seen with the L'way campus is a lot of musical chairs of investors. Of course, the property was sold for an amazing sum, but until I see construction going on, I will be very skeptical that this is actually has a longer term horizon than anyone is admitting.  Same goes for Emery's redo, but recent rumblings about that project sound much more promising.