Nashville Yards, 15 acres/4 million sq. ft./ $1 billion, Phase I: Grand Hyatt Hotel (25 stories), Phase II: Amazon (26 & 22 stories), Phase III: AEG District (4 K theater, 34 & 35 story apts); Phase IV: Pinnacle Tower (35 stories), Amazon 3 (43)

6 hours ago, markhollin said:

1001 Church Street (33 stories? 800,000 sq. ft?) update: Final grading underway of site for short term construction worker surface lot. 

Looking east from Church Street Viaduct where it crosses over CSX tracks:

1001 Church, Aug 2, 2020.jpg

Would your guess be that none of the buildings on this plot of land would start work until after the AEG site is complete?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, titanhog said:

Would your guess be that none of the buildings on this plot of land would start work until after the AEG site is complete?

That's what one might think....however, with the pandemic causing Amazon to grow even larger in demand, as well as decreasing live entertainment, restaurants, in-person shipping, and hotel biz, perhaps the two projects will switch in priority. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, JoeyX said:

They're two separate developments by different companies. One doesn't have to wait for the other.

That's not what we're talking about.  We're talking about the fact that they have taken up the concrete and placed gravel over the remainder of the site, more than likely in regards to AEG using that land now for staging.  So...I think most would assume that at this moment, development on that land will potentially wait for AEG (unless there's a reason to start earlier).

4 hours ago, markhollin said:

That's what one might think....however, with the pandemic causing Amazon to grow even larger in demand, as well as decreasing live entertainment, restaurants, in-person shipping, and hotel biz, perhaps the two projects will switch in priority. 

But wouldn't they be digging instead of placing gravel there if it were the other way around?

25 minutes ago, downtownresident said:

Was looking around on E-Permits and the shell/frame permits for tower 2 have been applied for. We should know the height soon. 

Edit: looks like it will be 22 stories on top of the four above upper 10th, for a total of 26. 

https://epermits.nashville.gov/#/permit/3856431?page=2&searchText=1010 church&searchCode=ADDR&searchType=permit&orderBy=fullAddress ASC,permitNumber ASC

And the two garage floor below Upper 10th? That's a pretty big boy... noticeable taller than Tower 1... by (what?) 50-60 feet. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, titanhog said:

My guess is the gravel area on the west side of the new viaduct may be used as a staging area. The AEG site is not the only area being excavated on the east. the two parcels on the far eastern sides are owned by SWVP. The parking garage will be a shared garage that sits under both properties, (AEG  & SWVP). When you look on parcel viewer you can clearly see 901 Church and 0 9th Ave N are owned by Uptown Properties which is SWVP. The AEG property is sandwiched between that and the new viaduct.

As for the rest of the buildings, they will be done one by one and the staging area will get smaller as we go.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, downtownresident said:

Was looking around on E-Permits and the shell/frame permits for tower 2 have been applied for. We should know the height soon. 

Edit: looks like it will be 22 stories on top of the four above upper 10th, for a total of 26. 

https://epermits.nashville.gov/#/permit/3856431?page=2&searchText=1010 church&searchCode=ADDR&searchType=permit&orderBy=fullAddress ASC,permitNumber ASC

The key here is that it is has been applied for which is great news. The permit does not expire until 1/31/21, so I think they have until that date to get the ball rolling and have the permits issued. I spoke to John (doormanpoet) the other day and he said he didnt think any work had taken place as far as any additional height recently. I am no longer downtown on a regular basis to know for sure, but can anyone confirm that?

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

Thanks for posting Mark, I was hoping WW sent to you as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smeagolsfree said:

The key here is that it is has been applied for which is great news. The permit does not expire until 1/31/21, so I think they have until that date to get the ball rolling and have the permits issued. I spoke to John (doormanpoet) the other day and he said he didnt think any work had taken place as far as any additional height recently. I am no longer downtown on a regular basis to know for sure, but can anyone confirm that?

It appears that they’ve stopped moving up on the elevator core, which makes sense because the shell permit they’ve applied for includes the steel and concrete core for the actual office portion of the tower. 

• Like 1