Nashville Yards, 15 acres/4 million sq. ft./ $1 billion, Phase I: Grand Hyatt Hotel (25 stories), Phase II: Amazon (26 & 22 stories), Phase III: AEG District (4 K theater, 34 & 35 story apts); Phase IV: Pinnacle Tower (35 stories), Amazon 3 (43)

That office tower is going to look enormous from the interstate. And I agree that the Hyatt looks too short. I honestly feel like every time I see a rendering of it I’m shocked by the lack of height. I feel like it should look more imposing considering how large of a hotel it is. 

It looks like an additional low-rise was added on 8th next to that glass high rise, and a building was added to the east of the office tower. They added height to the office tower and seem to have eliminated another building to the north of the tower, possibly adding a garage. Looks much better. Makes me a lot more excited about this project. Before I wasn’t dreading it or anything like that but I was relatively indifferent to it, especially compared with nearby smaller projects like 5+Broad, SAP, and the KVB circle tower. 

5 hours ago, Pdt2f said:

That office tower is going to look enormous from the interstate. And I agree that the Hyatt looks too short. I honestly feel like every time I see a rendering of it I’m shocked by the lack of height. I feel like it should look more imposing considering how large of a hotel it is. 

Yes Hyatt seems short but my guess is budget makes that height most economical. I have to think residences and office space are 3+ years out simply due to the inventory coming online in the next 18 months.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PHofKS said:

I don't have any inside information, but I think we will see some more groundbreakings on this project in a few months. It just seems like they are well advanced on their architectural drawings to a point where they are getting ready to build, in particular the three mid-rise buildings facing the rail yard. 

I would think the infrastructure for Phases I and II from Broadway to Church,  meaning relocated water, sewer, stormwater, electric, fiber and gas, would be interconnected and require much of it to be completed at the same time on the front end.      Once infrastructure is in place, the Hyatt and Phase II could rise simultaneously.    

• Like 2

2 hours ago, markhollin said:

Also, I would not be surprised at all if there may be some additional land purchases by the Southwest Partners group as things continue to roll out.  So, there could be further phases.

As long as it does not involve the Frost Building or the other buildings along Rosa Parks (The Standard, Walt Nippers, The Westview, the Berger Building).       I really wish Southwest Value Partners would reconsider and find a way to preserve and incorporate the Sullivan Tower into the project.  

^ ^ ^ Southwest Value Partners owns the Frost building.  They will NOT be tearing that one down. Talking with an engineer who is involved with the project, he said that Sullivan was quite quirky  with uneven floors, sections that were added later that don't sync-up well, some bad wiring/piping, etc.  It is considered cost prohibitive to try and retrofit. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, markhollin said:

^ ^ ^ Southwest Value Partners owns the Frost building.  They will NOT be tearing that one down. Talking with an engineer who is involved with the project, he said that Sullivan was quite quirky  with uneven floors, sections that were added later that don't sync-up well, some bad wiring/piping, etc.  It is considered cost prohibitive to try and retrofit. 

And apparently it is the next up to be imploded from what I'm hearing. 

• Like 1

What's really strange is the rendering appears to have a building about the same size and footprint where the Sullivan Building sits. The latest rendering shows a building that clearly looks different, but earlier editions could have been the same building with minor modifications. But in both plans, the replacement looks to be the same size. I caught a TV interview with Councilman Freddie O'Connell as recently as October, and he claimed to be trying to offer incentives to SWVP to save/reuse the Sullilvan tower. Anyone know any updates to that? 

9 hours ago, PHofKS said:

I don't have any inside information, but I think we will see some more groundbreakings on this project in a few months. It just seems like they are well advanced on their architectural drawings to a point where they are getting ready to build, in particular the three mid-rise buildings facing the rail yard. 

I agree.  In that Phase I picture, it shows a completed Hyatt Regency next to a still-standing Lifeway Tower.  Since the Lifeway Tower was imploded just a couple of days ago, it seems to me they're already starting to get started on Phase II.

• Like 3

The week after the implosion, the crews separated and hauled away several large piles of material to be recycled. I have not witnessed any activity since the snow and ice last week.

Edited by Guest