Nashville Yards, 15 acres/4 million sq. ft./ $1 billion, Phase I: Grand Hyatt Hotel (25 stories), Phase II: Amazon (26 & 22 stories), Phase III: AEG District (4 K theater, 34 & 35 story apts); Phase IV: Pinnacle Tower (35 stories), Amazon 3 (43)

This is extremely exciting!!!! Even after the typical 12 floor reduction, this will still be a great height addition to the area. I had read this plot was considered "Phase IV" but moving ahead with it now works for me!!!!!!

Also, here are the details from the Nashville Post article:

Southwest Value Partners has released some specifics related to what would be the tallest structure for its multi-building Nashville Yards, with the tower being tentatively eyed for a January 2021 opening.

According to marketing info, the building could rise up to 32 stories and offer 749,000 square feet of space.

The Nashville affiliate of Colliers International is providing brokerage services related to marketing and leasing. Doug Ryan, Colliers senior vice president, is overseeing the effort.

A per-foot rent asking price is not offered in the marketing materials.

If constructed, the building would sit adjacent to the home of the Downtown YMCA and hug the Church Street viaduct (see the site here courtesy of Google Maps). The materials do not note a height in feet but at 11 feet per floor, the building would stand a minimum of 350 feet. If open today, the building would rank among Nashville's 15 tallest.

In addition, Colliers has marketing materials on LoopNet.com for some of the project’s other hoped-for buildings.

The massive development will be undertaken in phases on 15 acres that were once home to LifeWay Christian Resources before the San Diego-based entity paid the nonprofit $125 million for the property in November 2015.

The first building, to rise 23 stories, will accommodate a 540-room Hyatt Regency hotel, with excavation work underway.

If completed as envisioned, Nashville Yards (read more here and here) could feature 4 million square feet in 10 buildings offering office, retail, restaurant, hotel, residential, live music and movie theater spaces.

Edited by NashvilleObserver
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Nash_12South said:

I'm going a little negative here, but what will this do to traffic on Church and 10th. Neither is currently wide enough to handle all the cars/traffic this building would generate.

I think the current traffic there is light to manageable, except for the interstate on ramp. I don’t know of many roads in downtown that could easily absorb 750,000 sq ft of office workers flooding onto the road, but with improved transit and flexibility to when office workers can arrive and leave, I think the area can handle it. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NashvilleObserver said:

If constructed, the building would sit adjacent to the home of the Downtown YMCA and hug the Church Street viaduct (see the site here courtesy of Google Maps). The materials do not note a height in feet but at 11 feet per floor, the building would stand a minimum of 350 feet. If open today, the building would rank among Nashville's 15 tallest.

Just my  take on the height issue....the 11 feet may be floor to ceiling height and not including 9" for the concrete slab. So counting 30 floors at 11.75 ft per, I get 352.5'. Add 35 ft. for lobby floor and one other meeting room floor and it goes up to 387.5. Then I added about 30 ft. for the fins on top and get a total of  417.5 ft. 

If you surmise another foot should be added to each floor to provide for cable run space under each office floor then it comes to 447.5 ft.

That sounds a little more reasonable for a 32 story building.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, PHofKS said:

Just my  take on the height issue....the 11 feet may be floor to ceiling height and not including 9" for the concrete slab. So counting 30 floors at 11.75 ft per, I get 352.5'. Add 35 ft. for lobby floor and one other meeting room floor and it goes up to 387.5. Then I added about 30 ft. for the fins on top and get a total of  417.5 ft. 

If you surmise another foot should be added to each floor to provide for cable run space under each office floor then it comes to 447.5 ft.

That sounds a little more reasonable for a 32 story building.

Still short for floor-to-ceiling heights these days.

15 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

I think that William was being purposely conservative, as to keep those on the board from getting to over excited. I saw the number too, and knew it was low.

We’ve hit the big time here on the board when we have the media members watching us. We don’t want to have to call fake news on any local media outlets :)