Nashville Yards, 15 acres/4 million sq. ft./ $1 billion, Phase I: Grand Hyatt Hotel (24 stories), Phase II: Amazon Operation Ctr. (34 stories, 15 stories, 10 stories), Phase III: AEG District (17 story hotel, 4,000 seat theater, etc.)

Draper demolition clean-up continues. some of the skeleton of the main warehouse remains.

Looking NW along 10th Ave. North near intersection with Broadway:

Nashville Yards, Draper demo, Feb 3, 2018, 1.jpg

Looking west from Commerce St. at intersection with 10th Ave. North:

Nashville Yards, Draper demo, Feb 3, 2018, 2.jpg

• Like 3

That's just craaaazy! Want to see it when it's swept clear before construction begins. 

Anyone know how old that warehouse was?  I heard it once housed the publishing (printing/binding) equipment. 

Well... please allow me to correct myself.  Our address will be Church and 11th.  I don't think that's Nashville Yards?  Perhaps the old Tennessean building?

Eleventh and Church should be the Tennessean site as it is on the other side of the tracks, and that is where I saw core drilling being done a while back.

30 minutes ago, Nash_12South said:

Random thought....Where does all that rubble end up?

Nearly all of the reinforcing steel and concrete can be recycled. The remainder goes to the landfill.

• Like 1

According to The Post,  the next demo on the site will be the parking garage with 919 Church Street address (may be coming down already). Additionally, blasting will begin shortly on the Hyatt Regency site at NW corner of Broadway and 10th Ave. North.  I've heard that they may be going as deep as 60 feet below grade.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, markhollin said:

According to The Post,  the next demo on the site will be the parking garage with 919 Church Street address (may be coming down already). 

I think it's already gone.    I was out of town last week but noticed yesterday a pile of rubble where this stood.    

• Like 4

Sullivan Tower and rest of the parking Deck scheduled to begin Demo in next 60-days-per Lifeway Exec.
The work is moving very quickly now. It will be interesting to see them chip away at the Tower.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Skyscrapergeek said:

I won’t be able to watch whichever way it comes down.  

yes, dude. same :(

Looks like we have 3-4 potential high rise office buildings competing for the same small pool of tenants. Does this one look more likely than KVB Blvd, etc? I would think so, given how much money is behind this group for Nashville Yards