Nashville Yards, 15 acres/4 million sq. ft./ $1 billion, Phase I: Grand Hyatt Hotel (25 stories), Phase II: Amazon (26 & 22 stories), Phase III: AEG District (4 K theater, 34 & 35 story apts); Phase IV: Pinnacle Tower (35 stories), Amazon 3 (43)

Up to 2nd level of underground garage for Hyatt Regency.

Looking north from Broadway Viaduct, 1/2 block west of 10th Ave:

Nashville Yards, Sept 15, 2018, 2.jpg

Looking east along Broadway Viaduct, 1/2 block west of 10th Ave:

Nashville Yards, Sept 15, 2018, 1.jpg

Looking southfrom 10th Ave. North near intersection with Commerce St:

Nashville Yards, Sept 15, 2018, 3.jpg

Sullivan Tower and adjoining structures completely razed now.  Would expect to see more renderings/specs of the AEG complex (boutique hotel, movie theaters, 4,000 seat auditorium, restaurants) that will sit in this area soon.  

Looking NE from intersection of 10th Ave. North and Commerce St:

Nashville Yards, Sept 15, 2018, 4.jpg

Looking  NW from intersection of Commerce and 9th Ave. North:

Nashville Yards, Sept 15, 2018, 5.jpg

Looking south from  LifeWay Lane, just west of 9th Ave. North:

Nashville Yards, Sept 15, 2018, 6.jpg

Looking SW from  LifeWay Lane, just west of 9th Ave. North:

Nashville Yards, Sept 15, 2018, 7.jpg

Looking west along  LifeWay Lane, just west of 9th Ave. North:

Nashville Yards, Sept 15, 2018, 8.jpg

Bit by bit, the old storefronts along Church are coming down. All that is left open is the pizza place.  

Looking SW from intersection of 9th Ave. North and Church St:

Nashville Yards, Sept 15, 2018, 9.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, e-dub said:

Does this mean I'm not the only former raver on the forum, then?!

I know @BnaBreaker likes dance music, but were you ever a full on raver back in the day?

For a brief period I was known to frequent the scene a bit. But I was never exclusively a raver (ended up spinning at Planet of the Drums and a few other DnB shows around town while also doing other rock shows at Nxt Generation in Antioch)...

Just now, dmillsphoto said:

For a brief period I was known to frequent the scene a bit. But I was never exclusively a raver (ended up spinning at Planet of the Drums and a few other DnB shows around town while also doing other rock shows at Nxt Generation in Antioch)...

Really? What was your deejay name? I played drum n bass under the name e-dub, and I want to say I played at a Planet of the Drums event here, but not 100% sure. I also did the "Strictly Social" parties for a couple years.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dmillsphoto said:

I used to frequent Nxt Gen as well.  Years later I was invited by some work people to go to a club with them and when we got there it took me a moment to realize that it was in the old Nxt Gen.  Weird being there lol.

• Like 1

Back to Nashville Yards the development ... LOL.  So, since the area has pretty much been leveled, does than mean that the developer is moving forward with pretty much the entire plan to build out the whole property?  I sure hope so, because if the market slows down significantly, that could leave Nashville with a gaping mess on the fringe of downtown.  I'd hate see that area become The Nashville Ruins for several years....

How much of Nashville Yards has been committed and scheduled for construction?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nashville Yards' developments are dependent on AEG, so this leads me to conclude they share compatible development timeline requirements.

As I previously stated, the infrastructure for the entire 15 acre development is currently being built out in full.  That is quite a nut to cover to sit on dead land. JMO

2 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

You are sort of correct on what is under way. From my understanding the Hyatt, the 18 story apartment building, and the office building closest to Church street have basically started. The hole has been dug for the apartment building and the grading permit has been applied for , for the office building which I think is around 210,000 SQ. FT. They will be doing that building on spec. There will have to be a lot more infrastructure work to be done and 10th Ave or is 9th or both will be elevated. I cant remember all of the details as there are too many.

The next office building would be the one at about 10 the and Commerce. That one is almost 500,000 SQ.FT. 

AEG has the option to buy where the buildings were between 10th and 11th on Church. That will be a future phase, along with the 23-42 story building on the other side of Church. And as I stated in the above post , AEG is supposed to start on their portion late this year.

The remainders of the buildings which would be on the eastern part of the project are a later phase and that will depend on AEG and what office tenants SWVP get. There is one more building on the corner of 8th and Commerce that will be part of the after phase too.

Man there is a lot of office space in the pipeline. You'd have to think somebody is going to lose out at some point, or maybe not Nashville's just that hot. We'll see.

That's a constant risk for developers. The key difference now for Nashville is that national developers are in the market now. I remember when the big nationals with lots of money moved into Atlanta in the late 70s and early 80s. There was a lot more spec building as a result. Consequently, they are better equipped to wait with their product than the smaller guys (like Eakin and his lenders), or even ride out a recession if they get their timing off, which happens less with them than with local folks. Dallas overbuilt in the 80s b/c they thought the local oil boom would last forever, and they were funded by local banks. Many did not survive.  

• Like 3