Nashville Yards, 15 acres/4 million sq. ft./ $1 billion, Phase I: Grand Hyatt Hotel (25 stories), Phase II: Amazon (26 & 22 stories), Phase III: AEG District (4 K theater, 34 & 35 story apts); Phase IV: Pinnacle Tower (35 stories), Amazon 3 (43)

1 minute ago, nashvylle said:

add this to the transportation thread... but amazing to think if metro was able to purchase the rail lines by the gulch, Nashville Yards, etc... our transportation woes could be theoretically.... gone. 

Bet that would cost more than the original plan even if they could be for sale.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smeagolsfree said:

Not as much fantasy as you think as Metro I think still owns it and it leasing it out. The same goes for the Customs House. If we ever got Amtrak then it would be great.

Whoa! Side note: see where Music City Star is working towards upgrading its cars. 

• Like 1

At this time the building was being marketed as 750,000 SQ. FT. in about 32 stories, So add 250, 000 to that and there is your million. So my guess is they add 10 more stories to the building and you get 42 plus the crown which could be in the hood of 46 total floors. 

Guys, this is a guess. No I dont know anything. I will let someone else do the math to figure out how tall a 42 story building plus a crown will be.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dale said:

I don’t think they’re Seattle buildings are terribly flashy.

Yes, their Seattle buildings aren't the most eye-catching things out there, but I seem to remember them mentioning that they wanted to come to a city where they could be a "partner" in growth - something along those lines. For better AND for worse. Just because we didn't get the full on HQ2 (thankfully), I wouldn't write off their desire to be the prettiest girl/building at the dance/neighborhood quite yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

I just put all the buildings facing the railyards as under construction. I figured that will now be a safe bet as all of the infrastructure work is underway and they snagged a tenant for the big boy according to the Tennessean. I think we all knew that would be the building anyway.

Will we get a new tallest out of this?......Who knows, but I am not holding my breath. In this town they can build a 70 story and the blasted thing will still end up being shorter than 500'.

Not to temper the excitement, but Amazon still isn't a done deal right? Don't they still have to pass quite a bit through City council and legislation with all the tax incentives? Or was this stuff already handled in private?

It has happened over and over in this city not only with 505 which use to be the Signature tower which sort of got cut by the FAA. Also Sheet Music which morphed into the Bridgestone was to be 40, then it was 30, then the Bridgestone officials found out they had under est. the number of workers and needed 40.

The Developers of Gulch Crossing wished they had gone taller because it filled so fast.

The list can go on and on. The 2nd and Demonbreun project was cut form two towers to one. 805 Lea went from 35 to 31. 

This has been going on for years here and when you mention height, some people here freak out as in Green Hills and now on Murphey rd where they are fighting 16 stories.

• Like 1