Nashville Yards, 15 acres/4 million sq. ft./ $1 billion, Phase I: Grand Hyatt Hotel (25 stories), Phase II: Amazon (26 & 22 stories), Phase III: AEG District (4 K theater, 34 & 35 story apts); Phase IV: Pinnacle Tower (35 stories), Amazon 3 (43)

Ok WOW I am really getting excited now. The design of the Grand Hyatt is much more elegant with the simple addition of extra glass panes on top to create a sort of faux-crown. That office tower also looks much more massive in every new rendering that is shown, it practically towers over the rest of downtown in a few of those shots. With Paramount, could we have a couple of new "tallests" being constructed at the same time? We would really be going full Austin-mode if that's the case. 

• Like 4

What would you all rank the following luxury hotels as far as prestige/service/brand/etc?  Not necessarily what Nashville has, but overall portfolio?

Trying to figure out where we are, how far we've come, and how far we need to go!

• JW Marriott
  • Grand Hyatt
  • Four Seasons
  • Ritz Carlton
  • W
  • Mandarin
  • Thompson
  • Intercontinental
  • Kimpton
  • Omni

"A week ago"? I can't stop my right eyebrow from rising in skepticism.... but hey, it's a GRAND Hyatt!  Folks, there are a lot of developers who are REASSESSING their projects (as we speak) in Music City. Do you remember what it meant to all that Nashville was in the "TOP 20" for the Amazon semi-finalist list?  Well, hello to the "Next Up"! You just beat 17 cities for the prize. 

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/11/15/exclusive-amazon-anchored-development-upgrades-to.html

The developers said executives at Hyatt Hotels Corp. (NYSE: H) signed on to the change a week ago. Just a few days later, Amazon announced that it would occupy 1 million square feet of office space at the same development, an offshoot of its ballyhooed "HQ2" search for a location for a second corporate headquarters.

12 minutes ago, musiczealot said:

What would you all rank the following luxury hotels as far as prestige/service/brand/etc?  Not necessarily what Nashville has, but overall portfolio?

Trying to figure out where we are, how far we've come, and how far we need to go!

• JW Marriott
  • Grand Hyatt
  • Four Seasons
  • Ritz Carlton
  • W
  • Mandarin
  • Thompson
  • Intercontinental
  • Kimpton
  • Omni

I gotta tell you, if my expense (payers) account will allow I still will stay at The Hermitage. What a fine place that is! 

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, wreynol4 said:

Holiday Inn express will always be my go-to.... I kid, I kid. Is the downtown Holiday Inn now the message board whipping boy since Lake Palmer is no more?

We need our own "Nashville 9"...but it needs to be the 9 structures that need to come down immediately and replaced with something better. :D  Holiday Inn Express Downtown would be way up there.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, musiczealot said:

• JW Marriott
  • Grand Hyatt
  • Four Seasons
  • Ritz Carlton
  • W
  • Mandarin
  • Thompson
  • Intercontinental
  • Kimpton
  • Omni

Fairmont fits in the top 3, I'd say. The one in Austin is just beautiful.

Grand hyatt is confirmed, W is confirmed , and four seasons is pretty much confirmed (it is confirmed behind the scenes but i dont want to get in trouble lol).

i personally believe that with these announcements and any other future corporate relocation or expansion announcements, coupled with the city’s profile as a tourism destination, Nashville will see 2-3 more luxury hotels in the near future be announced. I personally am hoping and betting on intercontinental returning to nashville after the failed lake palmer deal (but maybe in a different place lol), and rumors in the hospitality market are that ritz carlton are heavily looking at nashville currently. I also believe fairmont or st regis would be a great fit for a city, personally i highly doubt mandarin oriental coming to nashville mainly because they really only have like 4-5 hotels in north america lol. I also am hoping for a hard rock hotel in the future even though that is not luxury lol. In any case the city’s hotel profile is rising rapidly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It looks like Nashville is going to rack up the full eight buildings with Amazon coming to Nashville Yards.

It went from 2 spec office buildings, a hotel,  a boutique hotel, and an apartment building to now adding on an at least 30 story office building, a second office tower, and another apartment tower.

• Like 2

The AEG portion will break ground 2019...

16 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

What's the flag? The bowling alley... er, movie theatre... um, bowling alley, too?  That's a lot to digest... even with AMZN at full roll-out in 6 years.