Nashville Yards, 15 acres/4 million sq. ft./ $1 billion, Phase I: Grand Hyatt Hotel (25 stories), Phase II: Amazon (26 & 22 stories), Phase III: AEG District (4 K theater, 34 & 35 story apts); Phase IV: Pinnacle Tower (35 stories), Amazon 3 (43)

2 minutes ago, Hey_Hey said:

So will 10th Ave have an upper and lower that are both accessible to the auto traffic?  Or is the upper only pedestrian accessible? 

My understanding is that they will both have auto traffic, but the upper 10th will be very short. It's basically just to get into and out of Nashville Yards parking garages I think. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A question for someone with development knowledge:  Why do you think each structure in the Nashville Yards development was designed at the current footage?  It seems they would want more footage for offices / housing than what they are showing.  Are they building what they think the market will sustain...or is there another reason for the mid-rise structures?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nashville Yards would look like Dubai if the architects had their way, likely even the developers. The problem is money or perhaps financing is a better term. The developers can't get financing for 60 story office buildings unless 40 stories of tenants are on board. There is also fear of an economic slowdown to factor in. Hopefully when the next up-cycle gets rolling these later phases will be built taller if the developers can wait. 

I'll also add that if you have $100 million to put into a building you can get 20 floors of architectural significance or 30 stories of simple glass box.  Often simple glass box makes more money in rent.

Edited by Nash_12South
  • Like 3

The timidness of investors behind the development in this town is really frustrating to me. I understand that it is probably much more complicated than I realize, but we have seen the same thing countless times within developments from the past 5 years- something large is proposed only for it to get cutback for seemingly arbitrary reasons, then the smaller version gets built only for them to realize they went too small almost immediately. It just seems like a lack of foresight for future growth has been a common regret among many developers here. 

• Like 3