Nashville Yards, 15 acres/4 million sq. ft./ $1 billion, Phase I: Grand Hyatt Hotel (25 stories), Phase II: Amazon (26 & 22 stories), Phase III: AEG District (4 K theater, 34 & 35 story apts); Phase IV: Pinnacle Tower (35 stories), Amazon 3 (43)

Gotta believe the total buildout on this property will exceed $500,000,000 when it's said and done.  I can't wait to see what they plan.  With that kind of money, you have to think it's going to be something nice.

From a total build-out perspective you are really low. The masterplan is bold.

This will take several years.

I didn't realize that a fairly sizable section of the campus lies north of Church Street.  That's a LOT of space to play with.

It is a gateway property. It reaches from Broadway to past Church St. Nothing can be built in front of it either with those tracks there.

I have heard a 15 to 20 years build out. Seems as if we have several of those. One City, NW Mutual, Elmington, East bank.

There is patient money, but no money is patient enough to drop $125 million on land without income producing properties and want to wait two decades.

2 hours ago, NoChesterHester said:

There is patient money, but no money is patient enough to drop $125 million on land without income producing properties and want to wait two decades.

15-20 years does seem like a long time....but I don't think he was implying that it will take that long to get significant pieces developed. Take this with a grain of salt, because I'm not in-the-know, but I would guess this type of large property will be developed piece by piece. This being a more urban location with fewer restrictions than Capitol View, I imagine we'll be seeing big pieces built, perhaps more along the lines of the Convention Center redevelopment than Capitol View. Because of that, I doubt it will be built out all at once. I don't know if it will take 15-20 years, but it is conceivable that the last phase would be building out at that time (if the pieces are large). The area is the size of 3 of the old convention center sites. Given how a lot of developments are floated for 1-2 years before any action, and they have a 1-2 year build-out, and there might be a cooling off period between developments, I can see this as even more of a long-term project than Capitol View, especially considering the potential scale. I'm thinking in today's numbers of something between $1-1.5 billion.

NoChester...I'm sure there will be apartments, condos, hotels, offices...etc.  Do you have any idea of the entertainment possibilities?

At this point lots of people have seen the masterplan. I'm surprised it hasn't leaked.

There is a large entertainment component.

1 hour ago, NoChesterHester said:  

Not 50 stories tall. But there were a couple big buildings.

If you can do so without compromising anything, are there any more details you can give us?

It completely transforms the vertical building wall that fronts the tracks. It is a combination of rehabilitated existing buildings and giant new ones. Like others have speculated it is a mix of hotel, office, residential, and entertainment. A couple green spaces. Huge connectivity upgrades to that end of town.

54 minutes ago, NoChesterHester said:

It completely transforms the vertical building wall that fronts the tracks. It is a combination of rehabilitated existing buildings and giant new ones. Like others have speculated it is a mix of hotel, office, residential, and entertainment. A couple green spaces. Huge connectivity upgrades to that end of town.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, NoChesterHester said:

Wow...sounds like just about everything we could hope for!  I particularly love the building reuse and connectivity upgrade bit. 

LifeWay leases 53,000 feet of warehouse space in Cowan Industrial Park on NE side of downtown. This will replace their current massive warehousing areas that will be torn-down as part of the new Uptown project at current LifeWay campus:

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2015/12/01/lifeway-leases-warehouse-space-north-downtown/76625468/

• Like 1

5 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Southwest Value Partners by three Church st. Properties once under contract by Wehba.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2015/12/back-for-more-new-owners-of-lifeway-campus-buy.html

Please, please, please let this be an epic development, the likes Nashville has never seen!  I'm hopeful they will do something that helps take us to another level and closer to being a 24-hour city.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...