Nashville Yards, 15 acres/4 million sq. ft./ $1 billion, Phase I: Grand Hyatt Hotel (25 stories), Phase II: Amazon (26 & 22 stories), Phase III: AEG District (4 K theater, 34 & 35 story apts); Phase IV: Pinnacle Tower (35 stories), Amazon 3 (43)

Good news!  Now to just hear some more about the towers they'll be building as well.  Maybe we'll get some better idea (hopefully with renderings) by this summer as I would assume the Hyatt would need to start by Fall 2017 to be open in 2019. 

And I'm hoping this coming year will bring us some news on the Tennessean site.  These two sites together have to potential to totally remake the heart of downtown.

• Like 2

With the amount of money at stake, you can bet Southwest Value Partners and their  investors will have a marketing machine in place to build a super-slick brand around 'Nashville Yards'. There'll be little room for confusing what they propose with Titanhog's Nashville yard (classic pic). I actually like the name. Usually a good sign when a name emotes good and bad reactions. It's sticky.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

Agreed... I think "Uptown" sounds so country... Like we're goin' uptown on Mundy morn!  Northeast Gulch...SeGul (Seagull) LOL... reminds me of that Southpark episode. 

As a Charlottean, I resemble that remark. ;)

Edited by Dale
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, BnaBreaker said:

I get why the developers want to give it a name for marketing purposes, but that doesn't mean we have to call it that.  I mean, this is just a several block area of downtown.  It is a cohesive part of the built fabric.  It doesn't need a special name, does it?  

Depends if they turn it into a specific shopping / destination district.

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, MLBrumby said:

That sounds about right, Mark.  Hyatt Regencys like to go tall as a part of their brand.  That would be a prominent site too... as a 30+/- story tower would be visible from lower Broadway. 

Yeah...it appears on maps that some of the highest points downtown stretch from the capital through that area close to Lifeway and over to around where JWM is being built.

• Like 1