Nashville Yards, 15 acres/4 million sq. ft./ $1 billion, Phase I: Grand Hyatt Hotel (25 stories), Phase II: Amazon (26 & 22 stories), Phase III: AEG District (4 K theater, 34 & 35 story apts); Phase IV: Pinnacle Tower (35 stories), Amazon 3 (43)

8 hours ago, dReAmWiELdEr said:

Not if they applied motion graphics in a certain way... they could actually accentuate the signage instead.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

That's what I'm hoping.  Use the "outline" on normal nights...but with special events / holidays...you could light up that entire side with motion graphics...computer programmed....and would be pretty amazing.

Edited by titanhog

7 hours ago, donNdonelson2 said:

Mayor Cooper brought up objections to Nashville Yards‘ plans for digital signs, commenting on the carnival atmosphere they would create. (They were approved anyway.)

My mistake, I remember that now.  

@TNinVB I believe GC lights were turned off due to maintenance issues.   

• Like 2

On 8/21/2020 at 3:27 PM, donNdonelson2 said:

Mayor Cooper brought up objections to Nashville Yards‘ plans for digital signs, commenting on the carnival atmosphere they would create. (They were approved anyway.)

My only objection to the lights is that they only appear to be on one side of the building!  People have complained on this thread about how bland The Grand Hyatt appears on another side of the building and I agree.  It seems like an opportunity to brighten it up a bit by having some sort of artistic and well thought out lighting that would at least improve its appearance at night!  I truly don't get the opposition to this kind of lighting.  So if Cooper was the mayor of Las Vegas would he want to shut down the famous lights of the Vegas strip or in New York would he choose to darken Times Square?  I love the dazzling lighting displays you see on buildings in places like Hong Kong and Tokyo and the exciting vibe it creates.  I hope Nashville can create at least a bit of it in The Nashville Yards.

• Like 3

Purely guessing, but I’ll bet they spent money on lighting where they get the most bang for the bucks. Two sides of the building will eventually get likely as tall buildings as neighbors and the side facing Union Station isn’t as prominent from a distance. 

Edited by Nash_12South
  • Like 4

one thing to remember with these types of lighting systems is the lights are typically adjusted post-installation to calibrate how much light is emitted. Think the Cambria hotel, they have a similar light line on it, but the light isn't all that intrusive. I am willing to bet the white light will be toned down a bit upon final completion.

I kinda hope (know it probably wont) this light is similar to the old John Hancock Weather Tower in Boston and indicate some form of event such as weather or even sporting events like a Titan/Predator win or maybe cancellation? So cool haha

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Sean blackdog said:

We to Smashville

Let’s go Preds :D

2FB7165D-C17D-4602-9163-B82C3539C6ED.jpeg

Is the Tennessee Tower trying to compete by leaving on the lights in that band of windows near the top lit at night... LOL

I think they should strongly consider lighting on Union Station side.  it looks out of balanced without it.  

As far as the brightness is concerned, they can typically adjust the brightness level.  That being said, I think the lighting on the Union Station tower is more obtrusive than the Grand Hyatt.

• Like 1