Nashville Yards, 15 acres/4 million sq. ft./ $1 billion, Phase I: Grand Hyatt Hotel (25 stories), Phase II: Amazon (26 & 22 stories), Phase III: AEG District (4 K theater, 34 & 35 story apts); Phase IV: Pinnacle Tower (35 stories), Amazon 3 (43)

31 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Pinnacle Tower update: up to 2nd level of underground garage along CSX tracks; central elevator shafts/stairwells starting to rise.

Looking SE from Church Street Viaduct where it crosses over CSX tracks:

Pinnacle Tower, March 27, 2022, 1.jpeg

Looking SW from 10th Ave. North, 1/2 block north of Commerce St:

Pinnacle Tower, March 27, 2022, 2.jpeg

This one is now starting to rise pretty quickly! Love to see it going up. 

Wondering if they will start the residential towers soon as well?

And in terms of the Amazon 3 tower directly adjacent to Pinnacle, I hope that one gets going within a couple of years so the site doesn't just sit vacant for a decade. 

• Like 1

So have we figured out yet where the 7th and 8th residential towers are going to end up?  If they have that piece at the NW corner of Rosa and Commerce they might could put one there, but still no idea where the 8th would go.  Has there been any talk recently about SWP buying the Baptist property?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, markhollin said:

1001 Church (Amazon Three) update.

Looking west from Upper 10th Ave. North, 1/4 block south of Church Street Viaduct:

1001 Church, March 27, 2022.jpeg

Is there a "soon to be anticipated start" for Amazon 3? 

That would be phenomenal if they started construction on it within the next couple of quarters!

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

Not for a while yet. No contracts signed as far as I know, and the heights have yet to be approved by the DTC DRC.

Ah-got it. I thought that might be the case. 

It would be incredible if Amazon 3 winds up over 600 feet. But the longer it goes without shovels in the ground, the less sure I am it will go that high....but super optimistic! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, nashville born said:

IMG_4120.thumb.jpg.72e24582d984f1d204dc908dc7211f58.jpg

Scrolled way back to find this screenshot posted two years ago by Native.  This one always resonated with me as I imagined Tony's twins in the shot.  I'm now updating that day dream to include the YMCA tower and the newest rendition of NY.

Oh man! What a great shot.

I'd love to see an April 2022 update of that exact view. 

Nashville is such an exciting city to watch develop super fast. It's in that tiny grouping of "dream development cities" in the US. Where so much development is going on, if you don't pay attention for 6 months, it drastically changes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1