Nashville Yards, 15 acres/4 million sq. ft./ $1 billion, Phase I: Grand Hyatt Hotel (25 stories), Phase II: Amazon (26 & 22 stories), Phase III: AEG District (4 K theater, 34 & 35 story apts); Phase IV: Pinnacle Tower (35 stories), Amazon 3 (43)

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

With the approval of parcel 3 of the DTC DRC, the prospects of the building improved significantly. So, we should or could see work start on this tower sooner rather than later. The height modifications are now approved for the project to allow for 600'.

This is extremely good news!

I always hoped this tower had a very strong chance of being built. The sheer profitability and success of Amazon as a company has definitely helped push the momentum forward to construct the office space in Nashville. 

I could see Amazon subleasing any space they do not take up in this tower--but I would anticipate them utilizing a lot of the space. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, nashville born said:

1396112484_Heights21122.thumb.jpg.f8f98e0d025dea9f9ad4e686a3b7e6da.jpg

This image represents my dream view along Church in about four or five years...good Lord willing and the creek don't rise!  An underrated thought IMO that the Y tower will add in addition to height is depth.  It would help break up the "glass wall effect" that most of the NY renders previously showed.   

(sorry about double post; thought they'd merge)

Wow this makes the first Amazon tower look so small and I am so ready for it!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, FloCorg said:

Happy Friday, UP! I’m a longtime lurker, first-time poster. Here is a view of the Yards from my place downtown. I think of these developments as my “front yard,” so I have been following their progress closely and learning so much from this forum in the process.

The view from this place has changed dramatically in the past three years and there is much more coming.

05C5E779-CF8A-4AF6-A33A-446B23B67732.jpeg

This is an observation question and is not at all intended to slam or stab at other cities in Tennessee.  It is simply based on the astonishing growth happening in Nashville.    Is Nashville's mid-town area now larger or will soon be larger than the downtown areas of Chattanooga, Knoxville and possibly even Memphis?  What about B'ham?  Late last summer when I drove through Richmond, VA I was wondering the same.  I would love to see a shot only of mid-town taken from the north side stretching from I-40 westward at least to the Vanderbilt tower.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, PillowTalk4 said:

This is an observation question and is not at all intended to slam or stab at other cities in Tennessee.  It is simply based on the astonishing growth happening in Nashville.    Is Nashville's mid-town area now larger or will soon be larger than the downtown areas of Chattanooga, Knoxville and possibly even Memphis?  What about B'ham?  Late last summer when I drove through Richmond, VA I was wondering the same.  I would love to see a shot only of mid-town taken from the north side stretching from I-40 westward at least to the Vanderbilt tower.

This is a good observation and interesting point. I would guess that the midtown area of Nashville is bigger than Knoxville, Chattanooga, probably Birmingham and *maybe* Memphis. But Memphis' downtown has a lot of old buildings that were constructed over the course of its history, before the 1960s or so. So it might still be larger than midtown. But definitely those cities you listed. Also , I'd guess larger than Raleigh, Little Rock, Louisville and Richmond.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, jjbradleyBrooklyn said:

This is a good observation and interesting point. I would guess that the midtown area of Nashville is bigger than Knoxville, Chattanooga, probably Birmingham and *maybe* Memphis. But Memphis' downtown has a lot of old buildings that were constructed over the course of its history, before the 1960s or so. So it might still be larger than midtown. But definitely those cities you listed. Also , I'd guess larger than Raleigh, Little Rock, Louisville and Richmond.

I'm not sure if Midtown is there yet…but with Beaman, Reed and a few other towers along the way, it will easily surpass those cities mentioned.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, titanhog said:

I'm not sure if Midtown is there yet…but with Beaman, Reed and a few other towers along the way, it will easily surpass those cities mentioned.

Yeah, I guess I should've clarified by saying midtown will surpass those city downtowns, once all of these projects are completed. :) 

• Like 1