Nashville Yards, 15 acres/4 million sq. ft./ $1 billion, Phase I: Grand Hyatt Hotel (25 stories), Phase II: Amazon (26 & 22 stories), Phase III: AEG District (4 K theater, 34 & 35 story apts); Phase IV: Pinnacle Tower (35 stories), Amazon 3 (43)

22 minutes ago, karen5429 said:

Bird's eye view from Asurion's 4th floor. They're working on assembling the horizontal arm of the new red crane today.

pic.jpg

Oh man, super exciting! Crane city for sure.

You'll soon have your magnificent view blocked a bit with Pinnacle going up :( ...and then Amazon 3! But still good stuff because you'll have a gorgeous view of the new buildings still--Nashville becoming much more urban. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rolly said:

For a second there I was thinking they were taking down the Y.

Soon?

I hope that comes soon... although I've swum in that pool on many business trips and I think it's really cool.  It's  a very nice indoor pool, but I hope Mr. Giarratana will putin a full-size long course 50-meter pool.  We'll call that progress. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, markhollin said:

Amazon Two from I-40/65 inner belt:

Amazon Two, May 26, 2022, 1.jpeg

Amazon Two, May 26, 2022, 2.jpeg

As an architect, I do not feel the vertical pinstripping of the curtainwall particulary attractive and seems particularly ill matched with tower 1.  Boring!

Edited by Baronakim
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, markhollin said:

1001 Church/Amazon Three update:  tower crane operational.

Looking NE across CSX tracks from Asurion ramp, 1/4 block south of Church Street Viaduct:

1001 Church, May 28, 2022.jpeg

Wow.  The block articulation of the curtainwall design is significantly more bold than in the renderings.  Awesome!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Baronakim said:

As an architect, I do not feel the vertical pinstripping of the curtainwall particulary attractive and seems particularly ill matched with tower 1.  Boring!

I agree, it seems kind of dated, like something you'd see on a building from 30 years ago.

30 minutes ago, MontanaGuy said:

I agree, it seems kind of dated, like something you'd see on a building from 30 years ago.

Could have more flair IMHO , but I’m glad they’re not clones. That’d be the most boring. I’ve heard that Bezos likes his buildings to be nothing extraordinary from the outside. Seeing pics of A1 however it appears they’re not scrimping on the inside of that one. Can someone here clear something up for me… Amazon owns these two outright but will lease A3? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

Could have more flair IMHO , but I’m glad they’re not clones. That’d be the most boring. I’ve heard that Bezos likes his buildings to be nothing extraordinary from the outside. Seeing pics of A1 however it appears they’re not scrimping on the inside of that one. Can someone here clear something up for me… Amazon owns these two outright but will lease A3? 

They are leasing both. According to Parcel Viewer SWVP owns both buildings. 

On 5/26/2022 at 2:02 PM, jjbradleyBrooklyn said:

Absolutely! What a view :)

Curious, how is the view from the other side on the same floor of the building? Can you see some cool progress/construction there too?

I’d imagine you would have a front row seat for 1111 Church, and then the eventual partner tower at Church / 11th. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, markhollin said:

Amazon Two from I-40/65 inner belt:

Amazon Two, May 26, 2022, 1.jpeg

Amazon Two, May 26, 2022, 2.jpeg

I like how Alcove is making a mark on the skyline. That view will look great once Prime rises abs of course will drastically change once NY is complete and Tony’s 750’ tower. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, markhollin said:

1001 Church/Amazon Three update:  tower crane operational.

Looking NE across CSX tracks from Asurion ramp, 1/4 block south of Church Street Viaduct:

1001 Church, May 28, 2022.jpeg

Curious for anyone in the know: why would they choose this type of  crane rather than what we typically see in Nashville (see background)? I’m assuming it has to do with space. 

• Like 2