Nashville Yards, 15 acres/4 million sq. ft./ $1 billion, Phase I: Grand Hyatt Hotel (25 stories), Phase II: Amazon (26 & 22 stories), Phase III: AEG District (4 K theater, 34 & 35 story apts); Phase IV: Pinnacle Tower (35 stories), Amazon 3 (43)

10 hours ago, Baronakim said:

Definitely there appears quite a bit of misinformation about the intent of Amazon per the NY towers.  IMO there is NO WAY that Amazon is actually halting  or abandoning these towers as the recent additional acquisitions will certainaly go a long way in filling up the shell space involved,  There is nothing to preclude building the towers and leaving floors just shell space until needed or leased out.  That is how spec office buildings have always filled up.  What I think is being paused is the INTERIOR DESIGN of the floors that Amazon will occupy.  The last few years of Covid  at home work have shown that a full office space for each employee  is no longer necessary and that  the interior space may be built with a higher efficiency of useage.  I think that ultimately Amazon will completely fill the redesigned square footage and will require even more.  I also suspect this one of the things that Oracle for instance  is also working on right now which seems to have slowed active work somehat too.  As Oracle hasn't started the physical shell of its office buildings, they have a great deal more latitude in requirements for support facilities such as more parking,  toilet and core support areas.  As physical construction costs continue to rise with inflation and interest rates are going up, I don't see much point in delaying what they already have been prepared to build.  I think they are just taking advantage to getting more eventual bang for the bucks they already have budgeted.

It does make me wonder about Amazon 3, though.  I just have no idea how many of Amazon’s workers will stay on as “at home” workers now (if any).  If Amazon decides that a certain segment are ok to stay at home…maybe they won’t need tower 3 right now?

1 hour ago, Luvemtall said:

I would like to think that SWVP ,stills builds tower 3. If Amazon doesn’t need or want any space , then I’m sure it could be filled with other tenants. IMO it’s the center piece and crown jewel of that whole project.

I agree with you take on it being the crown jewel.  Really hoping it materializes in its 600' fashion.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Luvemtall said:

Not only the 3 Amazon buildings , but also the Pinnacle tower and the residential buildings and of course the Grand Hyatt , are all amazing buildings in their own ways. But A3 being the tallest and most prominent of the group, makes it stand at the top of this development. Fun fact ; the AT&T (Batman)building is listed at 617 feet , making it the tallest in the state. But it’s only 28 stories and the roof is 452feet , there’s 165 feet of spires . So if A3 gets built as currently spected at 43 stories, it will be the tallest occupied floors for a office tower in the state.

You are right