Nashville Yards, 15 acres/4 million sq. ft./ $1 billion, Phase I: Grand Hyatt Hotel (25 stories), Phase II: Amazon (26 & 22 stories), Phase III: AEG District (4 K theater, 34 & 35 story apts); Phase IV: Pinnacle Tower (35 stories), Amazon 3 (43)

48 minutes ago, TNinVB said:

There’s an EVO here in Hampton Roads. It was originally CineBistro that opened about 13 years ago, and It’s a really nice experience. I enjoy being able to order food and eat while I watch a movie, while the  reclining seats are a plus as well. We have another chain in the area called Cinema Cafe that offers a similar experience,  minus bowling and arcade games. Is there currently anything like this in the Nashville area?

There is a nice AMC dine-in theater in Cool Springs, but I don't know of anything around here with a similar bowling/arcade/virtual reality component.

• Like 2

Not too expensive considering that on Tuesday's you can watch movies all day for just 5 bucks! If that includes parking in that massive 5000 car garage count me in on Tuesdays as I never go to the movies on the weekends!

SPECIALS | EVO Entertainment (evocinemas.com)

I can go to the movies without buying a $20 bucket of popcorn. The specials are not too bad considering that if you go to Regal, you will spend $30 on a movie, popcorn and a drink. Here you spend $50 and get enough junk food to keep you full so you don't have to go out and eat. I assume it includes a movie. TNinVB may be able to answer that. 

The days of the old 1200 seat theaters died a long time ago and will never be back Randy. It is in the bygone era of Model T's like us. Most of the surviving ones have been turned into concert venues.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Not too expensive considering that on Tuesday's you can watch movies all day for just 5 bucks! If that includes parking in that massive 5000 car garage count me in on Tuesdays as I never go to the movies on the weekends!

SPECIALS | EVO Entertainment (evocinemas.com)

I can go to the movies without buying a $20 bucket of popcorn. The specials are not too bad considering that if you go to Regal, you will spend $30 on a movie, popcorn and a drink. Here you spend $50 and get enough junk food to keep you full so you don't have to go out and eat. I assume it includes a movie. TNinVB may be able to answer that. 

The days of the old 1200 seat theaters died a long time ago and will never be back Randy. It is in the bygone era of Model T's like us. Most of the surviving ones have been turned into concert venues.

Oh Yeah Smeag, I'm fully aware  that theatre viewing has progressed past the Cretaceous.  As to the design of those little IVO theatres, I had enough of those fold downs in college classes 50 years ago.  The day when I will spend $30 for a movie, popcorn and a drink is never going to arrive for me.  I would prefer buying the 4K movie disk and sit in my private home theatre, sipping a cocktail and munching on a nice baked brie.  That's what "luxury dine-in" viewing is to me. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.  I'm not at all impressed with this EVO concept at all.  As a side note on cinemas  now,  I recently decided to see a  Dr. Strange movie while  in Paducah at a Cinemark brand facility .  It was early afternoon and I was amazed that they insisted I "reserve" a seat before being admitted.  I went in and the seat was a few rows too close, so we moved back to seats in the same position but higher up.  How the hell could I judge where I wanted to sit from a ridiculous plan on their computer?  We were the only ones in the theatre.  A few minutes before the feature , a woman came in and informed us to move as we were in "her" seat in a 200 seat auditorium, just 3 of us.  WTF is wrong with this scenerio?  The woman acted like as a Karen and we moved to shut up her displeasure.  NO WONDER MOVIE THEATRES ARE DYING OUT.  What bullcrap.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Baronakim, I am so with you! I guess us “ older folks” on here , have a different view then the young ones. But I do believe that we have a advantage, we were fortunate enough to live in a much better time. A time when children could go to the movies themselves and not have any worries. Or walk alone to a friends house, without fears. When people could actually have peaceful and civil conversation, and wave as you greeted each other at the grocery store. Yes the times are changing, but I’m not sure it’s for the better.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Montana Guy, I guess I should have clearified my comments a bit. I agree on your points of the positivity of womens rights , and acceptance of all lifestyles. And I do see a growing caring and positive attitude from many of the youth coming up. I was kinda referring to Baronakim’s experience at the movie theater, as why was it such a big deal in a basically empty room to have assign seats, and  in general why things today seem so complicated and unfriendly. I totally like the Nashville Yards concepts and wish the best to EVO and probably be in attendance at this venue. Everyone please pardon me if I seem a bit confused today , as I am recovering from a back injury and the medication seems to effect my thinking a bit. 

• Like 3