Nashville Yards, 15 acres/4 million sq. ft./ $1 billion, Phase I: Grand Hyatt Hotel (25 stories), Phase II: Amazon (26 & 22 stories), Phase III: AEG District (4 K theater, 34 & 35 story apts); Phase IV: Pinnacle Tower (35 stories), Amazon 3 (43)

4 hours ago, markhollin said:

Amazon One & Two looking SE from I-40/65 inner belt:

Amazon One & Two from I-40 inner belt, Nov 8, 2022.jpeg

These are both looking super nice now. The second Amazon tower aesthetic has grown on me--it looks good.

Will be exciting to see continued towers pop up all around there in the near future. Starting with the YMCA one.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, CandyAisles said:

Up high from the west

82A205B3-8413-4575-8F10-B4189CDD55C1.jpeg

I lost track of the Q&As here regarding Amazon 3, but I seem to recall consensus being that construction will be paused upon completion of the garage, which I understood would go just to (Church) street level. In this pic it appears that the building is now rising above Church. Or it may just be the angle of the shot*.  Anyone here know at which point construction will be paused? 

* EDIT: Question about where they plan to pause construction is still; but I zoomed on the pic and see that construction has not risen above Church St.  That's just the "Platform Way" 10th that I see. 

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 1

It's official: Amazon is laying off 10,000 corporate and tech employees companywide.  No word on how this will effect the 2,500 that have already come on board for the Nashville Yards campus, but it is sure to be some. 

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2022/11/15/amazon-layoffs-tech-corporate-roles.html

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

What is this saying about Oracleimage.png.720dcf94be14b5120eb11e924df03d57.png

They need an interrobang symbol. That is a combination of an exclamation point and a question mark. The Ctrl shift / does not work.

Big tech is trying to pivot in the midst of unprecedented global and domestic macro headwinds. With the strong dollar, the cost of borrowing increasing dramatically, and likely to stay that way for awhile - they're resizing to accomodate revisions of their future top line, cash-flow, profit, and growth. 

The Oracle CEO, Larry Ellison, is widely seen as one of the hardest, most ruthless and dispassionate leaders in big business today. I don't know him personally, so I cannot attest to that being true. However, I would expect Oracle to do whatever it takes to protect their current cash, future profits, and shareholder value. Ditto for most big tech. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Oracle? ..Oracle,who Dat? After all the hoopla and celebration, seems like mums the word. It’s been quite some time since then, and we STILL haven’t seen one final rendering or heard of any plans to start construction. Wasn’t part of their incentives, a set amount of time to have the full 8,500 employees hired? I believe it was 10 years, which now two have passed. Leaving them 8 years ( like that math) to go though all the necessary permits etc, a few years worth of construction and a hiring process. And we thought the Blue Parrot was moving slow !!  Does anyone have any intel to share? Where’s that magic 8 ball ? 

On 11/15/2022 at 2:00 PM, smeagolsfree said:

What is this saying about Oracleimage.png.720dcf94be14b5120eb11e924df03d57.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

To clear up my above post, I was making light of the fact , that it’s been a while, and we haven’t heard much from Oracle on their plans for Nashville. Why is it taking so long ? If the tech companies are laying off in large numbers, does it change the plans and does it make it possible that maybe they decide not to move forward with Nashville? 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...