Nashville Yards, 15 acres/4 million sq. ft./ $1 billion, Phase I: Grand Hyatt Hotel (25 stories), Phase II: Amazon (26 & 22 stories), Phase III: AEG District (4 K theater, 34 & 35 story apts); Phase IV: Pinnacle Tower (35 stories), Amazon 3 (43)

On 7/19/2020 at 5:02 AM, markhollin said:

Looking north at all 3 sites from Broadway Viaduct where it crosses over CSX tracks:

Nash Yards Park Plaza, July 18, 2020, 1.jpg

So...since they're pulling up the concrete and laying down gravel...I'm assuming this whole area will be staging for AEG...which probably means there will be nothing built on this part of the site until after AEG is complete?

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, OnePointEast said:

What happened to the parapet that was supposed to extend another 3 floors, @markhollin?

I asked this very same question awhile back and nobody responded but I'm thinking that the design has changed which will exclude that tall parapet.  If you look at the Nashville Yards website it does show that image at the top with the extended parapet but if you scroll down to the very bottom where it says "view all" you'll see an updated version of the image directly above and to the right where the cladding stops just above the level of the roof and I think that's exactly how this is going to look when it's done.  https://nashvilleyards.com/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/23/2020 at 6:32 AM, markhollin said:

Looking west from just east of 10th Ave. North and Union St:

Amazon Two, July 18, 2020, 2.jpg

Looking NE from Church Street Viaduct where it crosses over CSX tracks:

Amazon Two, July 18, 2020, 3.jpg

So I apologize if this theory has been thrown around already....

The garage on both of these towers have large FLAT parking plates. I haven't seen many pictures of the where the ramps or anything are located, but with how large these plates are, they could hypothetically be converted into habitable office spaces. A growing trend in the design/office building world is the idea of designing parking with future conversion in mind. I know a development in Boston that actually put flat parking plates on the TOP five levels of the building with the intention that one day it could be converted. I would argue it is not out of the realm of possibility that one day this could happen, specifically on Amazon 2.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Bos2Nash said:

So I apologize if this theory has been thrown around already....

The garage on both of these towers have large FLAT parking plates. I haven't seen many pictures of the where the ramps or anything are located, but with how large these plates are, they could hypothetically be converted into habitable office spaces. A growing trend in the design/office building world is the idea of designing parking with future conversion in mind. I know a development in Boston that actually put flat parking plates on the TOP five levels of the building with the intention that one day it could be converted. I would argue it is not out of the realm of possibility that one day this could happen, specifically on Amazon 2.

The garage is designed to be converted into office space in the future. I’d imagine the ramps take up a small portion of the footprint of the garage to minimize dead space if it is converted. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, downtownresident said:

The garage is designed to be converted into office space in the future. I’d imagine the ramps take up a small portion of the footprint of the garage to minimize dead space if it is converted. 

Either that or the ramps are thought through the conversion as well.