Nashville Yards, 15 acres/4 million sq. ft./ $1 billion, Phase I: Grand Hyatt Hotel (25 stories), Phase II: Amazon (26 & 22 stories), Phase III: AEG District (4 K theater, 34 & 35 story apts); Phase IV: Pinnacle Tower (35 stories), Amazon 3 (43)

11 hours ago, nashvylle said:

It is a good sign. The elevator core has to go up before the floors. 

Is the metal frame part of how they raise the mold?  I don’t remember if those were on there before and taken off…or if it’s something totally new.  Just trying to decipher if the last couple of times they’ve been using the crane is a sign they’re about to start on tower 2.

I can’t imagine them filling in that entire space between the Hyatt and Church St with just two large buildings.  They would be really wide, wouldn’t they?

Also…kinda makes me wonder if they just have no clue what’s going to get built on that land now that we’ve gone through this pandemic and they're just throwing up some renders of different buildings as placeholders and “enticers” to anyone interested.  Their Twitter and Instagram still show the old renders with the 600’ Amazon building next to Church.

Edited by titanhog
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, downtownresident said:

I measured in the parcel viewer, and the parcel is about 700' from the edge of the Hyatt to Church Street. For comparison's sake, the Grand Hyatt measures about 300' from Broadway to the northern edge of it's parcel, and the Amazon garage about 475' from Church street to the northern edge of the parcel. 

If it ended up being a tall Amazon office building and tall apartment building, that would work great for Amazon.  Have everyone live right next door.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, PHofKS said:

I looked again at this rendering and have decided the only change is to the residential tower which is twice as tall  as the original proposal. Behind the residential are the previously shown office towers. Then you have the Amazon towers.

I have a picture in my mind of you with one of those watchmakers loupes, studying every millimeter up close until you figured this out. :tw_lol:

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, PHofKS said:

I looked again at this rendering and have decided the only change is to the residential tower which is twice as tall  as the original proposal. Behind the residential are the previously shown office towers. Then you have the Amazon towers.

1456249225_NewNashYardsresidential12021.thumb.jpg.3800391c6e60e440772db8c2a726270d.jpg

I couldn't believe they would build (only) a 21 story residential building downtown, so I'm not surprised if indeed this is a revised proposal.

That is what I was looking at last night Pete, and pretty much came to the same conclusion about the old towers vs the new towers. I will have to say though with the speed that  Amazon Two is taking, this one will like be 4 years down the road minimum. The residential may come sooner than that. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1