Nashville Yards, 15 acres/4 million sq. ft./ $1 billion, Phase I: Grand Hyatt Hotel (25 stories), Phase II: Amazon (26 & 22 stories), Phase III: AEG District (4 K theater, 34 & 35 story apts); Phase IV: Pinnacle Tower (35 stories), Amazon 3 (43)

I wish I could tune in tomorrow b/c that's when Ron will pull a little bit of the curtain away, but it's my monthly trip to Rome (unfortunately the one in Georgia) to help clean my invalid aunt's house. It usually falls on the first Saturday of each month. Hope it's informative and full of Magic 8 Ball readings. 

• Haha 4

Was just over at the Swerdling in Sobro string and decided to post over here.  Earlier on this string, I was saying that the Amazon building just doesn't do it for me.  As I looked at the reminder render Titanhog posted, it came to me.  The reason Amazon doesn't speak to me the way Fairmont, Buckingham, and 2nd & Peabody do is because these three actually look like skyscrapers to me.  And it's about the overall design and not necessarily the height.  Don't get me wrong, I'll take them as tall as I can get them.  Yet it should look and feel like a skyscraper..  Circle South, Buckingham, Fairmont, 2&P, even Batman...they look like skyscrapers to me.  Just one person's perspective.  Thoughts?  Differing perspectives?  

Oh, and one other thing.  How long does the "approved" status last?

Signed,

Desiring Majesty!

Edited by nashville born
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, nashville born said:

Was just over at the Swerdling in Sobro string and decided to post over here.  Earlier on this string, I was saying that the Amazon building just doesn't do it for me.  As I looked at the reminder render Titanhog posted, it came to me.  The reason Amazon doesn't speak to me the way Fairmont, Buckingham, and 2nd & Peabody do is because these three actually look like skyscrapers to me.  And it's about the overall design and not necessarily the height.  Don't get me wrong, I'll take them as tall as I can get them.  Yet it should look and feel like a skyscraper..  Circle South, Buckingham, Fairmont, 2&P, even Batman...they look like skyscrapers to me.  Just one person's perspective.  Thoughts?  Differing perspectives?  

Oh, and one other thing.  How long does the "approved" status last?

Signed,

Desiring Majesty!

5K jobs in the simple designed Amazon building will result in more residential buildings with the skyscraper look you like. 

• Like 3

Sean Blackdog wrote: Is Oxblue construction camera pull out? :dontknow:

This particular camera appears to have stopped functioning possibly because it was disabled due to lack of activity.  You can see the date is Feb 16 so that's several weeks old now and more work has probably been done on the sides since then.  Hopefully when they get the second building fully underway they'll get it back online!

• Like 1

^^Many of my favorite camera angles in the city (like on of the Assurion cameras that “completed” last fall and the Nashville Yards view of the entire site used for the Grand Hyatt) are no longer available.  I’m hoping Tony G will have a camera or two we can see for his two buildings on Church.  Anyone know the best way to contact his company and ask?