Nashville Yards, 15 acres/4 million sq. ft./ $1 billion, Phase I: Grand Hyatt Hotel (25 stories), Phase II: Amazon (26 & 22 stories), Phase III: AEG District (4 K theater, 34 & 35 story apts); Phase IV: Pinnacle Tower (35 stories), Amazon 3 (43)

On 10/15/2021 at 6:46 PM, Binbin98 said:

The only thing I regret saying in this is the F this bank part, that might have been a bit too far, but I swear to god its like they hold a grudge against me for moving to florida or something, or anywhere else for that matter as I had this problem when I lived in new york city.

If it helps you feel any better about Pinnacle, it's not just them that do it.  My one credit card is with Bank of America and I am fairly regularly declined.  It previously frustrated me to no end.  Now when it happens, I know to immediately look at my phone.  There is always and accompanying text message where I can confirm that it's me attempting the transaction.  I still think it's a bit much, yet I guess it's the price we pay for the assurance that if a charge is indeed fraudulent, we don't have to pay and the bank eats the expense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nashville born said:

If it helps you feel any better about Pinnacle, it's not just them that do it.  My one credit card is with Bank of America and I am fairly regularly declined.  It previously frustrated me to no end.  Now when it happens, I know to immediately look at my phone.  There is always and accompanying text message where I can confirm that it's me attempting the transaction.  I still think it's a bit much, yet I guess it's the price we pay for the assurance that if a charge is indeed fraudulent, we don't have to pay and the bank eats the expense.

On 10/15/2021 at 5:28 PM, Binbin98 said:

Pinnacle bank is utter trash, I am actually switching banks because they still decline my purchases thinking I am a thief or something, when I have updated my address to show I live in miami full time and everything. If pinnacle wants to be a global bank rather than a regional one, it needs to freaking act like one. F this bank

My recommendation is find a Credit Union and use them for everything. They don't take your money and throw it into their investment arm like this traditional banks (ie Bank of America and Merrill Lynch type BS).

I switched to a New England based credit union about 10 years ago and have never had a single issue. They provided me with my home mortgages here in TN (they even paid the PMI), personal loans, car loans, one credit card, personal and business banking. The only issue I ever had was when I bought my monthly train ticket in Boston they would contact me for possible fraud. But rather than declining the transaction they call me within 5 minutes of the transaction and ask me to verify my purchase via an automated service. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Auntie Yock said:

Sounds like it might be better off converting the whole building to condos.

That one is tough. The building to be converted has to have the right qualities, mostly geared towards accommodating the increased water/sewer needs both in the core and on each floor (such as excess ceiling height). Other residential-specific services/features, such as garbage chutes and opening windows, are more or less a bust without major changes to the building. And even if the building is a good fit, the conversion is generally pretty expensive, so it requires very high land values to work out financially.

It seems like the best option is to mark out a bunch of roads on each floor in a circle around the core, put a transportainment outfit on each floor, and let them go to town in a climate-controlled and sound-insulated environment. Any carbon monoxide poisoning after that is gravy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, PruneTracy said:

It seems like the best option is to mark out a bunch of roads on each floor in a circle around the core, put a transportainment outfit on each floor, and let them go to town in a climate-controlled and sound-insulated environment. Any carbon monoxide poisoning after that is gravy.

Gee whiz, did one of those woo-woo girls barf on your shoe?

15 hours ago, Auntie Yock said:

Gee whiz, did one of those woo-woo girls barf on your shoe?

It's more like sour grapes over the fact that the time this town was known for being the nation's premier destination for bachelorettes didn't coincide with the time I was a bachelor. But I think we can all agree that the ideal solution is just to get tourists to put their money in an envelope and mail it here.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, rolly said:

Seems they need an Amazon store.  I thought there was such a thing (ain't seen one tho).

They are called "amazon go"

Amazon Go - Wikipedia

The way I understand it is the items somehow get linked to your amazon cart and the selected payment method is used. This is all without really researching it much, but here is wikipedia page about the technology and such. There are supposed 29 locations

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazon_Go

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, rolly said:

Seems they need an Amazon store.  I thought there was such a thing (ain't seen one tho).

1 minute ago, Bos2Nash said:

They are called "amazon go"

Amazon Go - Wikipedia

The way I understand it is the items somehow get linked to your amazon cart and the selected payment method is used. This is all without really researching it much, but here is wikipedia page about the technology and such. There are supposed 29 locations

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazon_Go

I have been to one in San Francisco and it was a very neat experience. I've been wondering if NY would get one all things considered. I guess we will find out as build out continues. It would definitely be a cool addition.

• Like 4