Nashville Yards, 15 acres/4 million sq. ft./ $1 billion, Phase I: Grand Hyatt Hotel (25 stories), Phase II: Amazon (26 & 22 stories), Phase III: AEG District (4 K theater, 34 & 35 story apts); Phase IV: Pinnacle Tower (35 stories), Amazon 3 (43)

1 hour ago, downtownresident said:

It’s an estimate. The building will be 35 stories above Platform Way, 1 lobby / retail floor, 10 parking floors, and 24 office floors. Depending on how tall the parking floors and parapet of this one is, it could range from 490’-550+’ above Platform Way. 

Edit, one thing is sure, they are marketing this as Nashville’s “Future Highest Office Building,” so we know it will be taller than Bridgestone at 460’. 

Funny but Bridgestone is another example of a height being incorrectly reported and sticking. I know, I know it’s only height, right? I’m just in a mood today. My guess is 514’. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, markhollin said:

A master permit has been filed for the Pinnacle Tower (34 stories, 575', 650,000 sq. ft. office space, 28,000 sq. ft. of retail). Full scale work (beyond the excavation currently underway) should begin sometime in December.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall. here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/notes-additional-images-released-for-germantown-project/article_bc29071a-4340-11ec-a15e-373d9d14bc31.ht

Pinnacle, Nashville Yards, June 17, 2021, render 1.png

Pinnacle, Nashville Yards, June 17, 2021, render 2.png

Pinnacle, Nashville Yards, June 17, 2021, render 3.png

The pinnacle building they are currently in is 29 stories at 417ft  529,000ft I believe.

so it could possibly be over 500ft 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bos2Nash said:

They may not be going deeper, but rather confirming structural assumptions made with the redesigns. Granted the parking garage has been designed for awhile to fill the hole, but new key sturctural loading points may need to be confirmed 

It still seems strange... like, what do they expect to find?  It's pretty much uniform limestone as far down as they can dig, unless they have reason to believe there is some kind of cave system down there... which would be awesome!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Armacing said:

It still seems strange... like, what do they expect to find?  It's pretty much uniform limestone as far down as they can dig, unless they have reason to believe there is some kind of cave system down there... which would be awesome!

It certainly is odd. That’s why the most plausible reason I think they were doing is a revision to the design. While it is a safe presumption we are on a limestone shelf, it unfortunately all comes back to liability and a structural engineers comfort with foundation design to stamp the drawings. 

• Like 3

So if indeed they are checking for stability and load bearing stress points , at this stage of the game. Would it or could it be due to yet another change of design ? I ask only because, these buildings have been in development for the last several years, a plan and layout of this project has been shown for quite awhile now. Even with the announcement of the Pinnacle tower, they had renderings available which had to be designed and acceptable long before it was made public. They have changed these buildings several times, to have them do it again would not surprise us. 

P.S ,  Bos2Nash sorry I didn’t see your post above. You mentioned a design change might be a reason for this. I was back and forth with writing my post and didn’t refresh.

• Like 1

On this theme, since I have the attention of those that have the education in place to answer the questions!  If they have the garage that will cover the entire site, do they have to sort of re-engineer the depth of the footers if they will will going taller with the residential towers that will be on top of the garage?

Do they need to go deeper at the portion where those building would go?

The number of residential units in the  "three" residential buildings here will have around 2000 units, so divide that by three and you have 666 units per tower give or take. I am taking this from the interview with the executive from AEG the NBJ did.

• Like 4

Slowly but surely making progress. I'll be glad to see once they start having steel go up.

It always makes me nervous seeing a huge deep hole cut out for a development site, and then to see that site sit just like that for months. 

I lived in Stamford, CT for 6 years, and downtown had a development site right in the heart of downtown called "the hole" because it was initially dug out about 50 feet deep or so, for a tower back in the 90s. They discovered tidal water when they dug, so apparently it stalled and they backed out. Leaving the "hole" to sit like that for 15-20 years. Finally, in 2014/15 (roughly), they built a nice 15 story residential building there. I suppose technology, developers, timing and money finally aligned to make it happen. 

Anyway, that's a dramatic worst case situation, and I don't think for a moment Nashville Yards will be anything like that. But just sayin it would be amazing to see steel going up sooner--rather than a long time later. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jjbradleyBrooklyn said:

Slowly but surely making progress. I'll be glad to see once they start having steel go up.

It always makes me nervous seeing a huge deep hole cut out for a development site, and then to see that site sit just like that for months. 

I lived in Stamford, CT for 6 years, and downtown had a development site right in the heart of downtown called "the hole" because it was initially dug out about 50 feet deep or so, for a tower back in the 90s. They discovered tidal water when they dug, so apparently it stalled and they backed out. Leaving the "hole" to sit like that for 15-20 years. Finally, in 2014/15 (roughly), they built a nice 15 story residential building there. I suppose technology, developers, timing and money finally aligned to make it happen. 

Anyway, that's a dramatic worst case situation, and I don't think for a moment Nashville Yards will be anything like that. But just sayin it would be amazing to see steel going up sooner--rather than a long time later. 

Have you seen the Broadwest message thread with several years discussion of Lake Palmer?

https://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/topic/115371-broadwest-former-west-end-summit-36-story-conrad-hilton-hotelcondo-tower-22-story510000-sq-ft-office-tower-4-story125000-sq-ft-retailoffice-1-acre-plaza-2500-car-garage-490-million/

Edited by tragenvol

7 minutes ago, jjbradleyBrooklyn said:

I lived in Stamford, CT for 6 years, and downtown had a development site right in the heart of downtown called "the hole" ...

Agreed, that is always the fear here.  You may already know this, but we in Nashville experienced a similar situation (not as long in duration) where the current location of Broadwest was a water-filled hole for years after the old West End Summit development failed.  Even today Google maps shows that location as a "lake" in the default view map.

• Like 1