Nashville Yards, 15 acres/4 million sq. ft./ $1 billion, Phase I: Grand Hyatt Hotel (25 stories), Phase II: Amazon (26 & 22 stories), Phase III: AEG District (4 K theater, 34 & 35 story apts); Phase IV: Pinnacle Tower (35 stories), Amazon 3 (43)

9 hours ago, tragenvol said:

Did not know that until you pointed it out--thanks for that. Fascinating. Well good thing something finally was built!

9 hours ago, Armacing said:

Agreed, that is always the fear here.  You may already know this, but we in Nashville experienced a similar situation (not as long in duration) where the current location of Broadwest was a water-filled hole for years after the old West End Summit development failed.  Even today Google maps shows that location as a "lake" in the default view map.

Yes--hoping construction starts in the next year. I did see that from another poster, but was unaware of it until I heard about it today. Unbelieveable--I guess it really does come down to timing, finances and some good luck with large developments, in general.

19 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Yea , almost 20 years truth be told. That project pre-dates the board!

Wow, insane....a long time.

I have to think the Nashville Yards project is having terrific construction momentum, and is so high profile and moving forward relatively briskly, that I'd be shocked if it did not built up completely, pretty fast. 

Unless there is an economic crisis of some sort over the next 1-2 years, I'd estimate every building will be finished in Nashville Yards by 2024, roughly. 

19 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

The estimated completion is 2025! So that is a good estimation.

That's good to know. 

Does anyone know how many residential towers are going up in Nashville Yards? It looks, from the illustrated images, that there will be 5 or 6 towers, but mostly mid-rise in terms of height/stories. Maybe like 8-10 stories to roughly 20 or so...

It is encouraging to see the progress though for the 2nd Amazon tower going up, as well as the Pinnacle Bank Tower, starting construction. I wonder if the residential piece will be the final one they start with? 

You'd think with so many residential buildings going up there, they would have already started on at least 1. But maybe Covid is the reason.

2 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

I had an old spread sheet I was just looking over that I used to use for projects I kept track of that were either Proposed , Under construction, etc. I have not used the list since around 2016 and most of the proposed items

on the the list, lets say 90 plus % have now been completed or another project has been built in its place. 

I was actually rather shocked after going through the list and taking into account all of the new projects that were added since 2015. It has been truly eye opening! that goes back to your point jjbradleyBrooklyn

that we have condensed a lot of growth into just a few years. At some point (when I have time, as I have too many projects) I will try and do a summery of projects that have been competed at least in the core  since 2013

when this current boom started. I think we can  all agree the completion of the MCC was probably the catalyst for the current growth boom to which I see no end in sight.

Would love to see that list!

Nashville Yards is going to be such a central downtown location when everything is built up. Nashville Yards will probably be the downtown "center point" since development is moving towards midtown, moreso.

• Like 3

On 11/22/2021 at 1:24 PM, nashville born said:

Agreed.  And yet I'm hopeful the "old" center of the CBD isn't forgotten.  I continue to hope it gets a new project or two to keep it alive AND to ensure all the areas merge to form a singularly impressive downtown core.  And I love the thought Henburg shared of distinctive districts within that singular downtown core.  The NY area becomes the business district, the old cbd (with Printers Alley etc.) combines with the capitol mall area to become the arts district, SoBro (with the MCC, attractions, hotels, lower broad scene) becomes the entertainment/tourist district, and the Gulch becomes the trendy district with residential  and dining sprinkled throughout them all.

Agreed. And the old CBD also remains the seat of the state and metro governments.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, markhollin said:

10th Ave. North Residential Tower (40 stories? 500 units?) update: more excavation.

Looking south from Church Street Viaduct where it crosses over CSX tracks:

Nash Yards 10th Ave Residential, Nov 25, 2021, 1.jpeg

Looking west from 10th Ave. North, 1/4 block south of Commerce St:

Nash Yards 10th Ave Residential, Nov 25, 2021, 2.jpeg

Is the only area in the "pit" not dug up now the entertainment portion part? I was there in early October and the ground did not look like that (dug up) on any part of it on a mass scale. 

Wondering when they'll actually get the steel to start rising--then I think everyone will breathe a good sigh of relief that things are going up and happening to complete things at Nashville Yards.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, markhollin said:

10th Ave. North Residential Tower (40 stories? 500 units?) update: more excavation.

Looking south from Church Street Viaduct where it crosses over CSX tracks:

Nash Yards 10th Ave Residential, Nov 25, 2021, 1.jpeg

Looking west from 10th Ave. North, 1/4 block south of Commerce St:

Nash Yards 10th Ave Residential, Nov 25, 2021, 2.jpeg

Trying to understand what's happening here.  I've heard talk of A) not technically UC and B) they're just doing preliminary work.  Yet, if excavation is preliminary work, shouldn't we see more depth by now.?  This has been going for weeks.  Not a complaint; just seeking to understand.