Nashville Yards, 15 acres/4 million sq. ft./ $1 billion, Phase I: Grand Hyatt Hotel (25 stories), Phase II: Amazon (26 & 22 stories), Phase III: AEG District (4 K theater, 34 & 35 story apts); Phase IV: Pinnacle Tower (35 stories), Amazon 3 (43)

11 hours ago, urbanplanet17 said:

I completely forgot that they have The Alamo and Sea World. :tw_grin:

I guess I never really think of San Antonio as a tourist destination. It's certainly not on the top 10 or 20 list of places myself or anyone I know would want to visit (not because it's a bad city, but it's nothing special).

San Antonio also has Six Flags Fiesta Texas, a theme park originally built by those skunks at Gaylord who stupidly razed Nashville's Opryland in favor of a shopping mall.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, jmtunafish said:

San Antonio also has Six Flags Fiesta Texas, a theme park originally built by those skunks at Gaylord who stupidly razed Nashville's Opryland in favor of a shopping mall.

It also has the massive Schlitterbahn Waterpark just up the way in New Braunfels

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Observation - You know you live in th e'IT' city when a development of this size and certainty is pushed to the third page! Wow

Update-

The Portion of the property on the West side of 10th North (Grand Hyatt and AEG) is now empty (contractors that had subleased the space have vacated). Expect demo/construction to begin shorty. The remaining Lifeway employees are on the clock with sub-50 days to be completely moved to new HQ.

• 2 weeks later...

Per my contact -" it will be a Grand Hyatt or a Park Hyatt. The hotel will be THE destination hotel for luxury in Nashville." His information has been spot on over the last 2 years...including taking down the 'cross' tower and the art deco building... of course until an official announcement it is speculation.

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, nashville_bound said:

Per my contact -" it will be a Grand Hyatt or a Park Hyatt. The hotel will be THE destination hotel for luxury in Nashville." His information has been spot on over the last 2 years...including taking down the 'cross' tower and the art deco building... of course until an official announcement it is speculation.

It would suck to lose the Sullivan Tower, but I'd love a good implosion of the high-rise old Lifeway campus.

• Like 2

Oh, I have no doubt. No worries either way as the hotel fills a massive hole on the Broadway streetscape.

I did text my Lifeway contact again and he replied "Grand Hyatt. Very upscale. Will be the best hotel in the city"
I do hope he is correct.

1 hour ago, nashville_bound said:

Oh, I have no doubt. No worries either way as the hotel fills a massive hole on the Broadway streetscape.

I did text my Lifeway contact again and he replied "Grand Hyatt. Very upscale. Will be the best hotel in the city"
I do hope he is correct.

Not the greatest design if it's going to be a Grand.  Guessing the inside will look WAY better than the outside.

On 9/28/2017 at 12:54 PM, titanhog said:

Gotta hope that Holiday Inn Express will eventually either sell their land or rebuild a more appropriate Holiday Inn on that site.

They've been working on the building exterior over the past couple of weeks, adding a fresh coat of paint, among other things. I'm sure they are aware of the need to up their game a bit.

• Like 1

There are images up on the fences! I just drove by a minute ago and was in the car or would have snapped a picture.

BTW - it clearly says “Hyatt Regency.” Not Hyatt Grand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk