Nashville Yards, 15 acres/4 million sq. ft./ $1 billion, Phase I: Grand Hyatt Hotel (25 stories), Phase II: Amazon (26 & 22 stories), Phase III: AEG District (4 K theater, 34 & 35 story apts); Phase IV: Pinnacle Tower (35 stories), Amazon 3 (43)

4 hours ago, donNdonelson2 said:

The downtown hotel currently known as Sheraton Grand was built as a Hyatt Regency.

Ah, that I didn't know. 

And come to think of it, it would actually be the JW Marriott that's the first new luxury hotel since the original Hyatt Regency was converted to a Sheraton.

Edited by urbanplanet17

The Hyatt Regency brand isn't luxury, regardless of what a developer says. Park Hyatt is a different story. 

Brands like to use the word "luxury" a lot but they rarely deliver a product (service-wise or finish-wise) that can fall into that category. 

Exciting all the same. Hyatt Regency is a great brand and something we have been missing for years. I'd be happy with a Park Hyatt, though.

Edited by memphian
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, titanhog said:

So, you're saying it's definitely a Hyatt Regency, right?

18 hours ago, urbanplanet17 said:

According to Hyatt, the Hyatt Regency is in the same class as the Grand Hyatt. So both hotels basically offer the same amenities. 

It is 100% a Hyatt Regency. That's been confirmed over and over.

Grand Hyatt and Park Hyatt are "Luxury Brand" and Hyatt Regency is listed as "Upper Upscale"