Nashville Yards, 15 acres/4 million sq. ft./ $1 billion, Phase I: Grand Hyatt Hotel (25 stories), Phase II: Amazon (26 & 22 stories), Phase III: AEG District (4 K theater, 34 & 35 story apts); Phase IV: Pinnacle Tower (35 stories), Amazon 3 (43)

Just now, smeagolsfree said:

Now if this just sits with nothing happening for a while then there is a problem.  Hopefully they will go right into construction mode but from the neat gravel look of things, that does not seem to be the case.

I’ve been looking for permits but haven’t been able to find anything. They did just erect construction trailers at the site of 1001 Church, so hopefully they get started on this soon. 

• Like 1

Yes to both of the above comments as the permits would come first and nothing has come accross as far as water sewer permits or anything. The cranes base would come next, however there will be multiple for this project.

I think they may be waiting a bit because of COVID. The good news is that the group out of NoLa is moving forward with the project on Rosa.

My guess on the rest of the Yards buildings is they will be done one at a time.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Yes to both of the above comments as the permits would come first and nothing has come accross as far as water sewer permits or anything. The cranes base would come next, however there will be multiple for this project.

I think they may be waiting a bit because of COVID. The good news is that the group out of NoLa is moving forward with the project on Rosa.

My guess on the rest of the Yards buildings is they will be done one at a time.

Water/Sewer were pulled/paid last year. Here’s the water permit: 

https://epermits.nashville.gov/#/permit/3736452?page=2&searchText=913 church&searchCode=ADDR&searchType=permit&orderBy=fullAddress ASC,permitNumber ASC

I saw another grading permit application when looking around, but no foundation permits, etc have been applied for yet that I’ve seen. 

I wonder if the "look" of what the AEG portion would be is something they are reconsidering?  I don't think anyone knows for sure what movie theaters are going to look like by the time this virus is under control....and what live performance venues (indoors) are going to look like.  We're assuming it will go back to normal...but I wonder if developers with those venues on their list are rethinking things?

• Like 2

As someone in the hotel business, I can tell you the situation is dire. In a recent national survey it was found that 67% of all respondents said their hotels won't survive  6 months at current occupancy and revenue projections. Only about 32% are operating at pre covid staffing levels.

Nashville has 2 things going for it: Tourism and internal migration of people and businesses. The chances of the AEG project becoming reality will depend on both these factors as well as how long the pandemic is with us.

For many in the hospitality industry it has become a day by day situation.

The stress level is high folks.

Edited by bnacincy
Content
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

I think the problem will be after COVID will be staffing the hotels and restaurants. Many of the restaurants will NOT survive this, but new ones will take their place. That has always been the case. I am not concerned with that as a whole.

As far as hotels surviving, the insurance companies that hold the bonds on those loans will end up running a lot of hotels and there could be some new hotel operators emerge from within those Insurance companies. Once the hotels get back on their feet, then they will be sold.

The real problem as I said above is staffing. A lot of folks will have moved on to other traditional jobs outside of the hospitality industry and this may hurt hotels, entertainment, and restaurants for as much as a decade. I know the current administration is wanting to limit the guest worker program, but many of these companies will need that in order to survive, including agriculture, landscaping and other service industries. 

• Like 3

MGM Hotel (21 stories, 315 rooms)/AEG Entertainment District (4,000 seat theater, multi-screen AMC movieplex, 700 seat music club, multiple restaurants/retail , massive underground garage) update: Some new equipment on site,  including a possible construction  trailer.

If you look at the Asurion webcam now all of that equipment is gone!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, fxvol said:

From the looks of things at The Pit and at Amazon 2, it appears that SWVP is taking a breather. The question is for how long?

Amazon 2 is pending permits for the tower portion. They’ve applied for them, but it’s still working through the process. 

No idea what is happening at the Pit. I haven’t been able to find anything that indicates that construction will move forward. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2