Nashville Yards, 15 acres/4 million sq. ft./ $1 billion, Phase I: Grand Hyatt Hotel (25 stories), Phase II: Amazon (26 & 22 stories), Phase III: AEG District (4 K theater, 34 & 35 story apts); Phase IV: Pinnacle Tower (35 stories), Amazon 3 (43)

On 7/8/2020 at 6:53 PM, Native said:

The Amazon II tower will be prominent from Charlotte Avenue, coming into the city from the west, as this photo from 13th and Charlotte demonstrates.  Of course they need to hurry up and sign the lease so construction can continue.

DSC_6964.thumb.jpg.e0f910c7adb997371778e7c672ec5a06.jpg

Catching up on my NY info and saw this photo.  It's the first time I've seen a photo where the Superhero bldg actually looks as height hefty as a city leader should...IMO of course.   I've long been aware that topography makes it easy for me to slight this bad boy, yet this angle seems to show that this fella really is more formidable than I've wanted to believe.  Well played, Batman, well played.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, nashville born said:

Catching up on my NY info and saw this photo.  It's the first time I've seen a photo where the Superhero bldg actually looks as height hefty as a city leader should...IMO of course.   I've long been aware that topography makes it easy for me to slight this bad boy, yet this angle seems to show that this fella really is more formidable than I've wanted to believe.  Well played, Batman, well played.

If only they built it 30 stories taller, then it would’ve been a true superhero. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/9/2020 at 6:59 PM, Native said:

Today I noticed that the first piece of wind or sun shield (fins?) had been affixed to the front of Amazon One.  They appear to be ready for more going up.

DSC_7212.thumb.jpg.08da58fd6116d4d51ae505dfd1500df3.jpg

A couple more shots of this striking edifice.

DSC_7191.thumb.jpg.e642ba2e5027e58e6112a779e32b5fd6.jpg

DSC_7181.thumb.jpg.22b50c3d41e0d4b2e464a0bae0905926.jpg

This one includes a reflection of the Tennessee Tower on the right and the Presidential Debate banner on the left.

DSC_7180.thumb.jpg.61a2ce0455eaf2b4e6c3808c528c3cb0.jpg

After what we witnessed last night, any chance one of you can get Michael Buffer to open the debate?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, nashville born said:

Visited Nashville this weekend to stay at the Grand Hyatt after following this thread. 

B961CC67-42FE-4889-B690-5CF2B2532AB5.jpeg

One more from my room. 

Soooo, any word on whether or not they are going to kick off construction on this portion of the project? Or is it just going to become the next giant swimming pool for downtown?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nashvylle said:

how crowded was it?

Not crowded at all, when we arrived at the roof about 3:15. It was getting busier by the time went to the lobby bar about 6:30. The lobby bar was almost empty until around 7:30. This place will get busy. It has great views, is very open and they don't seemed to have skimped on the finishes, anywhere. I also felt that from the bartenders to servers, they hired folks with experience, not just warm bodies. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Nash_12South said:

Not crowded at all, when we arrived at the roof about 3:15. It was getting busier by the time went to the lobby bar about 6:30. The lobby bar was almost empty until around 7:30. This place will get busy. It has great views, is very open and they don't seemed to have skimped on the finishes, anywhere. I also felt that from the bartenders to servers, they hired folks with experience, not just warm bodies. 

Thanks. I feel for these companies who have put together a great product and they are dealing with the pandemic. 

• Like 1