Nashville Yards, 15 acres/4 million sq. ft./ $1 billion, Phase I: Grand Hyatt Hotel (25 stories), Phase II: Amazon (26 & 22 stories), Phase III: AEG District (4 K theater, 34 & 35 story apts); Phase IV: Pinnacle Tower (35 stories), Amazon 3 (43)

5 hours ago, nashvylle said:

@markhollin if we are dreaming could a MLB park be incorporated here with the hotels and residential buildings being redesigned? 

Well, since we are dreaming: how about a new arena for an NBA team, is not a principal partner at Southwest Value a owner of the Phoenix Suns? 
crazier things have happened. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Luvemtall said:

Well, since we are dreaming: how about a new arena for an NBA team, is not a principal partner at Southwest Value a owner of the Phoenix Suns? 
crazier things have happened. 

Anschutz Entertainment Group (AEG) owns that particular part of the development.  They do manage the Staples Center in Los Angeles, so they know something about arenas, but I don't see how a second arena (or third if you include the Municipal Auditorium) in Nashville would work.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PHofKS said:

Anschutz Entertainment Group (AEG) owns that particular part of the development.  They do manage the Staples Center in Los Angeles, so they know something about arenas, but I don't see how a second arena (or third if you include the Municipal Auditorium) in Nashville would work.

If it's privately financed and had an NBA team it could. But I am not getting my hopes up. 

42 minutes ago, musiczealot said:

If a city like Chicago can make NHL/NBA work with one arena, Nashville can as well.  A 2nd arena would not be the best use of that land.

One reason they can pull it off though is that there are other arenas in Chicago that can handle large scale concerts and the like.  

On 10/18/2020 at 12:37 PM, BnaBreaker said:

One reason they can pull it off though is that there are other arenas in Chicago that can handle large scale concerts and the like.  

Not only that, but the United Center in Chicago is the largest arena in the NBA, so it is better equipped to handle two teams.

• Like 1