Nashville Yards, 15 acres/4 million sq. ft./ $1 billion, Phase I: Grand Hyatt Hotel (25 stories), Phase II: Amazon (26 & 22 stories), Phase III: AEG District (4 K theater, 34 & 35 story apts); Phase IV: Pinnacle Tower (35 stories), Amazon 3 (43)

The narrow lot at the right in the photo between the two brick buildings. The closer one is an old office building being renovated for short term rentals. The brick building on the other side (just this side of the Amazon 1 tower) is the downtown YMCA. Giarratana's 'stacked boxes' residential tower will go between them. The former one-story building that sat there was demolished a few weeks ago, and the construction barricades are now around the site. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, nashvylle said:

Is the brick building in front of the Amazon tower going to be where Tony G's resi tower is going? 

Is anything going in the grass area in the foreground of this photo?

750EBCB4-8B21-47F6-AE52-6E3926CADBCA.jpeg

No, his tower will be in between the 6 story brick building in the foreground, and the smaller brick building in front of the amazon tower. The building that is being replaced by Tony’s tower is already demolished. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

With Amazon One near topping out, I wonder if the plans for tower two are changing due to the plandemic.  

Will Amazon move up their plans to start the second tower considering how their business is booming? Especially logistics support is needed... a primary role for the Nashville location.

So... Amazon Two - starting sooner, rather than later?

• Like 1

Walking around downtown yesterday was very strange. If there had been no construction workers it would have been really dead, but at least we have that to be thankful for as there are many projects that are moving forward.

I did hear that the Element Hotel project was stopped because someone tested positive for COVID so they shut the entire site down. My neighbor that works for the electrical contractor told me that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

14 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Walking around downtown yesterday was very strange. If there had been no construction workers it would have been really dead, but at least we have that to be thankful for as there are many projects that are moving forward.

I did hear that the Element Hotel project was stopped because someone tested positive for COVID so they shut the entire site down. My neighbor that works for the electrical contractor told me that.

That's one thing that's been concerning me about all of the projects we've been watching.  If it appeared as though any of them were creating a way for the virus to spread I've been afraid that they might shut all of them down as a precaution.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, rolly said:

Is the Amazon 1 tower the tallest office tower in the region currently under construction? The others I can recall are the Broadwest office and the 5th and Broad office, but I think they're a floor or two less than this one. 

One22One is probably going to be a little taller than this one. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1