Nashville Yards, 15 acres/4 million sq. ft./ $1 billion, Phase I: Grand Hyatt Hotel (25 stories), Phase II: Amazon (26 & 22 stories), Phase III: AEG District (4 K theater, 34 & 35 story apts); Phase IV: Pinnacle Tower (35 stories), Amazon 3 (43)

Just an incredible project! Upper Broadway has been playing catch-up to the Gulch and SoBro, but I think the wait has paid off....now get the %#$#%$#%^$%^$^% Federal Courthouse Built!!

Edited by Guest

I love the project, the only thing I really wish is that they’d add some height and creativity to the buildings themselves. This project is extremely prominent from the west, and I feel like it’s going to block views of the CBD without really offering an interesting alternative. Really love how much effort they’re putting into making it so pedestrian friendly, along with all the street activation and green space. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, bhibbs said:

The Hyatt is going to be so imposing as you are coming up Broadway, as others have said...I love this one.

After a few years when endeavor, whatever gets put on The Tennessean site, and if anything imposing goes where the Exxon station is it’ll kind of blend in. But for a few years it’ll definitely dominate that stretch of broadway! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wreynol4 said:

This seems scaled back greatly from earlier renderings for the entire development doesn’t it?

I think on this rendering they’re just spotlighting the first phase. They mention that there are “future” office and residential buildings, and if I’m not mistaken there was in the original rendering a residential tower on the land that stretches further towards the CBD. I’m assuming they’re just taking it one step at a time. 

• Like 2

If CSX would say yes to commuter rail, the developers of Nashville Yards could build skyscrapers directly over the train tracks, like Hudson Yards in Manhattan. Commuter trains could offload passengers directly beneath where they work or at least right next door.

Couple that with massive residential development in the Gulch and companies like Amazon will take Nashville seriously.

Until then.....

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...