Nashville Yards, 15 acres/4 million sq. ft./ $1 billion, Phase I: Grand Hyatt Hotel (25 stories), Phase II: Amazon (26 & 22 stories), Phase III: AEG District (4 K theater, 34 & 35 story apts); Phase IV: Pinnacle Tower (35 stories), Amazon 3 (43)

4 minutes ago, Hey_Hey said:

I think I may take the family to watch from the to of the parking garage at St thomas Midtown at 19th and State. It may be a little far away but the view will be unobstructed. 

I was there over the weekend and the view from there should be great. 

1 hour ago, PHofKS said:

Did they deliberately cover the cross? 

I was told that most of the important blast columns near the exterior were properly positioned from "shooting too much toward the glass exterior" meaning they could insure that the glass windows wouldnt blow out far away (in an unforeseen circumstance) but as for the granite cross sections, they added more precautions. Basically it's worse to potentially blow granite across the city than glass??? 

Oh my God I can’t with all the ignorant people on social media today that have NO GD clue what is going on with this development. With some of there comments, you would have thought it was the State Capitol being torn down instead of a hideous, empty office building built in 1990!!! One ingnoramous made the statement “NYC wouldn’t tear down the Empire State Building, but find a way to re-use it”.

1 hour ago, e-dub said:

i've been looking forward to the drone footage! i noticed a few above the thing before the blasts started.

There are some posted on WKRN’s website, and WTVF had Sky5 up in the air. They both have some impressive videos. 

Edited by TNinVB
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, TNinVB said:

Oh my God I can’t with all the ignorant people on social media today that have NO GD clue what is going on with this development. With some of there comments, you would have thought it was the State Capitol being torn down instead of a hideous, empty office building built in 1990!!! One ingnoramous made the statement “NYC wouldn’t tear down the Empire State Building, but find a way to re-use it”.

It wasn't the ugliest building in the world (we have several buildings downtown that are uglier)...but the way that had it built into that huge, sprawling warehouse, I think it had to come down.  Plus...it kinda had that 80's look to it, which isn't the greatest look.  I just think people are making assumptions and spouting off without knowing anything about the upcoming project.

• Like 3