Nashville Yards, 15 acres/4 million sq. ft./ $1 billion, Phase I: Grand Hyatt Hotel (25 stories), Phase II: Amazon (26 & 22 stories), Phase III: AEG District (4 K theater, 34 & 35 story apts); Phase IV: Pinnacle Tower (35 stories), Amazon 3 (43)

6 minutes ago, TNinVB said:

Ugh 3020??? I was really hoping to see a movie there in my lifetime. Oh well...:tw_yum:

Not even 3020!  3Q20!  So apparently the cinema portion of the project is being built in another galaxy that uses a completely different system of time measurement.  haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

Not even 3020!  3Q20!  So apparently the cinema portion of the project is being built in another galaxy that uses a completely different system of time measurement.  haha

Damn it!!! What next??? Square buildings?? Oh wait...

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, bmkTN said:

There are some pretty cool additional renderings that haven't been posted before on the website now.  Scroll down to the Under Development section.

http://nashvilleyards.com

Well...at least now we know that Vivacore must be going to move their world headquarters to Nashville and take over the tall office building!  Can't believe more people aren't talking about this.  :o;)

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, markhollin said:

Some new renderings.  A few might be repeats, but are crisper versions. 

Nashville Yards, May 19, 2018, render 7.png

Nashville Yards, May 19, 2018, render 8.png

I am really excited for this development, it gives me a lot of Manhattan vibes for some reason. I think that it's likely due to some of the highline-esque parts of the development by the tracks and over the street. 

In particular, I love the design of the residential building and the use of the metal screen over the glass for the office tower. They're both really tasteful and would give Nashville some new buildings with more visual interest than a simple all glass facade. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Neigeville2 said:

I don't get it.  I guess I'll just have to wait until it's built, I can't really make sense of the renders.

I agree. I mean, I know the area as well as one can know what was until recently a dead area full of silent warehouses, parking lots, and empty streets without activation; but I can’t really see how this is all going to be put together yet. From what I can get from the renders, seems like it’s going to be a hell of a project, though. 

• Like 1

Agreed.       The rendering suggests the pedestrian plaza will be built over this portion of 10th.   This is directly behind the YMCA.     The parking lot on the right will be the office tower.     What's not clear is how far north from Church St. the elevated plaza will extend.      And will NES will keep the electric substation where it is?     The plaza shouldn't impact the substation, but it will more or less look out over it.   Not ideal for tenants of the office tower.     

10th.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AronG said:

Gotta say I love the idea of putting the car traffic underground and saving the sunshine for nice, spacious pedestrian areas. I suppose it's only financially viable here because of the natural grade, but it's a fantastic paradigm. These guys seem to be way above average in designing for human spaces instead of traffic.

Nashville Yards, May 19, 2018, render 3.png

Would make a great "light rail" tunnel...don't ya think? ;)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, AronG said:

Gotta say I love the idea of putting the car traffic underground and saving the sunshine for nice, spacious pedestrian areas. I suppose it's only financially viable here because of the natural grade, but it's a fantastic paradigm. These guys seem to be way above average in designing for human spaces instead of traffic.

Nashville Yards, May 19, 2018, render 3.png

Kind of reminds me of Atlantic Station in Atlanta. There aren't any actual below grade roads, but there is a huge parking garage beneath the majority of the development with free parking for the first hour.