Nashville Yards, 15 acres/4 million sq. ft./ $1 billion, Phase I: Hyatt Regency Hotel (25 stories, 591 rooms, 65,000 sq ft of meeting space)

On 5/26/2018 at 7:05 AM, LA_TN said:

Bye bye sidewalk664935170_DSC_200701.thumb.jpg.baaf0dffc713a51ac37db917e7d3d17f.jpg

50668638_DSC_201801.thumb.jpg.2e216f6afe97d7bab076384cfcf60c71.jpg

Target practice!1718230890_DSC_201802.thumb.jpg.9ed62151f5fac3de84c2e4b28d67effb.jpg

Man, Nashville really isn't messing around with Bird scooters!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hmm. I don't mind the look of that residential tower at all - in this rendering, at least.

• Like 4

Is that a luffing crane? Without a boom, I'd expect to see at least another one at that project. 

I don't think so. The crane assembling the tower crane and the tower crane are both yellow. Easy to confuse, but if its a Luffing crane they may be getting ready to start the apartment building and the first office building, but even then they have plenty of room for tower cranes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, titanhog said:

^^Is the Frist Art Museum signage new?  I don't think I've noticed that before.

Yes, it's been there for about 2 months, I think

• Like 2

Amazing that I have to look half way down page two to find a billion dollar project.

Going to have a big boom next Saturday at the site.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Amazing that I have to look half way down page two to find a billion dollar project.

Going to have a big boom next Saturday at the site.

A big boom crane, or a big boom as in the Sullivan building coming down?

Sullivan is barely a shell now; you can see straight through it in many places.

I too am sad to see it go, but it's pretty much already gone. Let's get on with putting something bigger in its place. 

• Like 4

Keeping the Sullivan was never in the cards, just like bringing down the Lifeway tower was always going to happen. The developers always had a grand plan and seeming the money to implement said plan.

The Sullivan Tower implosion will be this coming Saturday, July 21st at 7:30 AM.

Prepping the windows with covering. Looking north from 33rd floor of JW Marriott:

Nashville Yards, July 15, 2018, 2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Vrtigo said:

Sullivan is barely a shell now; you can see straight through it in many places.

I too am sad to see it go, but it's pretty much already gone. Let's get on with putting something bigger in its place. 

Yeah, I've been going by each weekend for the past month or so. I always liked the memories of walking over to the cafe on 8th a few times when I lived in the Bennie Dillon and thinking about how much I loved the Sullivan. Ah, well, but it's such a pretty buiding.

I bet this would be one hell of a view to watch the Sullivan tower implosion on Saturday

• Like 3

The implosion of Sullivan Tower is set for 7:30 AM this Saturday, July 21st.   

Charles Robert Bone of SW Value Partners said photos, building elevations, and other documentation was taken to keep the Sullivan Tower's memory alive. 

Preservation Station, a local antique design company, also removed historic items from the building for resale. 

“We’re really pleased they’re keeping the Frost Building and were able to salvage some of the architectural elements of the Sullivan Tower,” said Jenn Harrman, president of Historic Nashville Inc.’s board of directors.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2018/07/18/downtown-nashville-building-implosion-saturday-sullivan-tower/797151002/