Nashville Yards, 15 acres/4 million sq. ft./ $1 billion, Phase I: Grand Hyatt Hotel (25 stories), Phase II: Amazon (26 & 22 stories), Phase III: AEG District (4 K theater, 34 & 35 story apts); Phase IV: Pinnacle Tower (35 stories), Amazon 3 (43)

I just received a call from the demolition firm handling the destruction of the building across the street this Saturday. The time of the demolition has been moved to 8:30 a.m. now. 

5 hours ago, markhollin said:

The implosion of Sullivan Tower is set for 7:30 AM this Saturday, July 21st.   

Charles Robert Bone of SW Value Partners said photos, building elevations, and other documentation was taken to keep the Sullivan Tower's memory alive. 

Preservation Station, a local antique design company, also removed historic items from the building for resale. 

“We’re really pleased they’re keeping the Frost Building and were able to salvage some of the architectural elements of the Sullivan Tower,” said Jenn Harrman, president of Historic Nashville Inc.’s board of directors.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2018/07/18/downtown-nashville-building-implosion-saturday-sullivan-tower/797151002/

On 7/19/2018 at 10:28 AM, nashville_bound said:

I just received a call from the demolition firm handling the destruction of the building across the street this Saturday. The time of the demolition has been moved to 8:30 a.m. now.

Might be worth editing your previous post with a strikethrough or something to avoid potentially confusing the lurkers or passersby who happen upon this thread, but miss the update. :good:

EDIT: @markhollin

Edited by Vrtigo

4 hours ago, titanhog said:

Can you imagine the people who got drunk on LoBro last night and then stayed in a hotel downtown?  At about 8:30am, they probably jumped out of bed thinking we're being attacked! :D

Could have been some PTSD for some thinking they were back in Iraq.....rude awakening for sure.

On another note it looks as if the hole for the 18 story apartment building is almost dug as well.

With these office buildings, remember that these are seemingly being built on spec as is 10 Lea and the Endeavor tower. There are going to have to be a number of major relocations here as we have about 17 or so office buildings under construction or proposed.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

There are going to have to be a number of major relocations here as we have about 17 or so office buildings under construction or proposed.

These developers just need a tenant that relocated from another building in Nashville... don’t necessarily need a company relocating from another city. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, nashvylle said:

These developers just need a tenant that relocated from another building in Nashville... don’t necessarily need a company relocating from another city. 

Yea they do. We are talking almost 6 million SQ FT of office space proposed.  For instance the big boy at Nashville Yards is 750,000 SQ Ft and they have another one with 470,000 SQ Ft. That's just two buildings.

Then what do you do with all the office space that was vacated if they are local relocations??????

*Here is a list with square footage totaling around 5,799,000 SQ FT of office space.

*5City Place One City 230,000 SQ FT

*One City 12 to 15 story office building planned there which will have somewhere in the neighborhood of 400,000 SQ FT.

*The one GBT is proposing at Murphey and 440 should be around 200,000

*Eakin 30 Vanderbilt Place. 200,000 SQ FT

*Nashville Yards 750,000 SQ FT

*Nashville Yards 460,000 SQ FT

*Nashville Yards 225,000 SQ FT

*Mainland Tower 400,000 SQ FT

*Peabody Plaza 280,000 SQ FT

*Endeavor Demonbreun 329,000 SQ FT/ Building on Spec

*Propst Broadwest 500,000 SQ FT

*Fifth + Broad, has a tenant. 385,000 SQ FT/ Under Construction

*The Moore, David Creeds project 214,000 SQ FT

*18th and Chet 130,000 SQ FT /Under construction

*1 music Circle South 96,000 SQ FT has tenant/ under construction

*Elmington Project on 8th Ave 600,000 SQ FT

*Panattoni Project at 16th and Edgehill SQ Footage unknown but probably around 100,000 SQ FT

*Nashville Yards 20 to 30 story at 9th and Church  Unknown SQ Footage but probably in the 500,000 SQ FT range

*River North.... I am not even going there as this project is decades from happening and being fully built out

• Like 1

A lot of these folks are or can self finance, but at some point if you do not get the tenant, a number of these may not get built or sit empty for a while. It is the developers problem as Nashville as a whole has nothing to do with who is building a tower and has nothing to do with it as these are all developers trying to get their project built. 

My guess is it may be several years if not a decade to fill this much space, but all bets are off if we get some major relocations. Mainland may be in deep crap if they don't start soon on their tower with only one announced tenant. Endeavor is building theirs on Spec as is Eakin. Propst can self finance but they may wait. I am concerned with the One City buildings as those have been out there for some time with no announcements. the ones I want to see built the most are the ones closer in  to the core.

• Like 1

I don't know much about this, but it seems to me that, although office space isn't as fungible a commodity as oil or wheat,  if I build a shiny new building, (depending on the rents I can/will accept), that makes somebody else's property surplus, not mine.  

I used to work at a company that had relocated from Cool Springs to Downtown because it was cheaper DT.  It surprised me to learn this, but our building, though perfectly nice, was a bit older.  Likewise look how many upscale law firms and whatnot are moving into these new buildings from their older existing offices downtown.  The resulting game of musical chairs, I hope, will lure more companies from Cool Springs and elsewhere.   I think to get ahead of Williamson we always have to have some new stock on the way-look how much they have planned.  Does anyone know how much space is sitting vacant in the more recent DT buildings?

• Like 1

I don't know much about this, but it seems to me that, although office space isn't as fungible a commodity as oil or wheat,  if I build a shiny new building, (depending on the rents I can/will accept), that makes somebody else's property surplus, not mine.  
I used to work at a company that had relocated from Cool Springs to Downtown because it was cheaper DT.  It surprised me to learn this, but our building, though perfectly nice, was a bit older.  Likewise look how many upscale law firms and whatnot are moving into these new buildings from their older existing offices downtown.  The resulting game of musical chairs, I hope, will lure more companies from Cool Springs and elsewhere.   I think to get ahead of Williamson we always have to have some new stock on the way-look how much they have planned.  Does anyone know how much space is sitting vacant in the more recent DT buildings?

Vacancy on the newest buildings is extremely low. However, all have been constructed up to this point fully leased to a single tenant (ala Bridgestone) or with major anchor tenant pre-leasing. It is only now that we are seeing office buildings being proposed fully on spec. We have to wait and see how this plays out.
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, DeemonBruhn said:

Vacancy on the newest buildings is extremely low. However, all have been constructed up to this point fully leased to a single tenant (ala Bridgestone) or with major anchor tenant pre-leasing. It is only now that we are seeing office buildings being proposed fully on spec. We have to wait and see how this plays out.

Wasn’t 222 built entirely on spec, and is near full now?