Nashville Yards, 15 acres/4 million sq. ft./ $1 billion, Phase I: Hyatt Regency Hotel (25 stories, 591 rooms, 65,000 sq ft of meeting space)

I just received a call from the demolition firm handling the destruction of the building across the street this Saturday. The time of the demolition has been moved to 8:30 a.m. now. 

5 hours ago, markhollin said:

The implosion of Sullivan Tower is set for 7:30 AM this Saturday, July 21st.   

Charles Robert Bone of SW Value Partners said photos, building elevations, and other documentation was taken to keep the Sullivan Tower's memory alive. 

Preservation Station, a local antique design company, also removed historic items from the building for resale. 

“We’re really pleased they’re keeping the Frost Building and were able to salvage some of the architectural elements of the Sullivan Tower,” said Jenn Harrman, president of Historic Nashville Inc.’s board of directors.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2018/07/18/downtown-nashville-building-implosion-saturday-sullivan-tower/797151002/

• Thanks 1

On 7/19/2018 at 10:28 AM, nashville_bound said:

I just received a call from the demolition firm handling the destruction of the building across the street this Saturday. The time of the demolition has been moved to 8:30 a.m. now.

Might be worth editing your previous post with a strikethrough or something to avoid potentially confusing the lurkers or passersby who happen upon this thread, but miss the update. :good:

EDIT: @markhollin

Edited by Vrtigo

I have no idea where the 7:30 thing came from.

The men on  site say 8:30 and the PR frim says 8:30.

The 8:30 time is what I hear originally a couple of weeks ago from workers on site.