Nashville Yards, 15 acres/4 million sq. ft./ $1 billion, Phase I: Grand Hyatt Hotel (25 stories), Phase II: Amazon (26 & 22 stories), Phase III: AEG District (4 K theater, 34 & 35 story apts); Phase IV: Pinnacle Tower (35 stories), Amazon 3 (43)

11 hours ago, Pdt2f said:

Maybe some of those impending financial relocations that the media was predicting after the AB announcement are closer to reality than we think?

I believe most of these developers are banking on huge relocations from other cities. As a matter of fact I know a couple are banking on that from inside knowledge lets say. There are numerous companies out there looking at any given time, but I do not know who they are.. The Chamber and the TN office of Economic Development keep most of that kind of information very close to the vest.

Some of these developers have knowledge of what is happening out there but will never say because they want to always be trusted with this information.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

If Amazon located to the Yards, then I would bet they could crap out another 3 million SQ Ft of office space at that location opting for one or two of the residential buildings to be replaced by office towers or make some of the proposed office towers larger.

The snowball sure has rolled far!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, markhollin said:

^ ^ ^ No.  They are not part of the land that Southwest Ventures owns, except for the Frost Building, and it is protected by U.S. National Register of Historic Places. It will still be utilized as office space---although I have a dream of it eventually becoming home of the Gospel Music Hall of Fame and Museum.

Such a wonderful idea! My dad would absolutely live there!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, markhollin said:

^ ^ ^ No.  They are not part of the land that Southwest Ventures owns, except for the Frost Building, and it is protected by U.S. National Register of Historic Places. It will still be utilized as office space---although I have a dream of it eventually becoming home of the Gospel Music Hall of Fame and Museum.

We can only hope that the current owner of the Frost Building will see fit to preserve it.    For the record, listing on the National Register of Historic Places is a status bestowed on eligible properties by the National Park Service and offers no protection against demolition or alteration of listed properties.     Protection can only be achieved through local zoning, like historic zoning or conservation zoning.     There is currently no zoning in place to protect the Frost Building or any of the adjacent buildings.      Nor was there any protection in place for the Sullivan Tower, which is why the developers were able to take it down.    

The Frost is slated for a rehab and should continue as offices (current plans); the Standard is doing well and would only sell for well above market deal; the Sporting Goods Building was bought by the owner of the Berger building across 8th just in case the Feds grab that building for the courthouse; the Westview has had a buyout offer..rejected by the residents; and finally the parcel between the Westview and Church Street was recently purchased by the owner of the Mastrapasqua building (across church) with no immediate development plans.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, PHofKS said:

I like the way the office tower continues to evolve. Does that mean they are customizing it for a client? Are they close to a start? And the structure on the roof is a nice height extension. Could be 480 ft.!

And that roof structure looks like it could be the subject of some interesting lighting effects at night.  Very visible spot for a lit up crown.

• Like 2

Man, if they bait-and-switch on all the pedestrian plazas/green space I'm going to be devastated. Is this like the thing where they draw an awesome green wall on the early renderings and it's the first thing that gets value-engineered?

• Like 2