Nashville Yards, 15 acres/4 million sq. ft./ $1 billion, Phase I: Grand Hyatt Hotel (25 stories), Phase II: Amazon (26 & 22 stories), Phase III: AEG District (4 K theater, 34 & 35 story apts); Phase IV: Pinnacle Tower (35 stories), Amazon 3 (43)

There is obviously a certain romanticism associated with trains and proximity to railroad tracks, but this pedestrian green space being so close to those tracks will have an unfortunate unintended consequence.

As someone who parks daily in "the pit", AKA the parking lot behind Union Station and the Flying Saucer, I can attest firsthand to the awful racket and screeching noises that come from this rail yard. Even while standing as far away as by the doors on the backside first floor of Cummins Station, the noise from the tracks is occasionally almost uncomfortably loud. It's not constant enough to be a complete detriment to the excellent green space included in this development, but I'm certain it will reduce the overall use of the space.

• Like 2

I continue to be surprised by the scale and speed of development of Nashville Yards. All of 9th Ave. North  from Church to Commerce will be excavated to a depth of 25 feet to install new water and sewage, fiber optic, and telco (no mention of burying NES cables). All of this on the opposite side of the announced buildings (Hyatt, Residential) next to the railroad tracks. It seems to me they are planning to fill the entirety of the 15-17 acres quickly to spend all the effort and money on infrastructure.

13 hours ago, nashville_bound said:

I continue to be surprised by the scale and speed of development of Nashville Yards. All of 9th Ave. North  from Church to Commerce will be excavated to a depth of 25 feet to install new water and sewage, fiber optic, and telco (no mention of burying NES cables). All of this on the opposite side of the announced buildings (Hyatt, Residential) next to the railroad tracks. It seems to me they are planning to fill the entirety of the 15-17 acres quickly to spend all the effort and money on infrastructure.

When this was announced I was pretty skeptical, it’s just such a huge project. I thought, like most of y’all, that it either wouldn’t happen or it would take 25 years. This has been such a pleasant surprise that these guys are for real. Lol the jokers at SAP and embassy/curio should takes some notes on how you get stuff done. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Pdt2f said:

When this was announced I was pretty skeptical, it’s just such a huge project. I thought, like most of y’all, that it either wouldn’t happen or it would take 25 years. This has been such a pleasant surprise that these guys are for real. Lol the jokers at SAP and embassy/curio should takes some notes on how you get stuff done. 

When Philip Anschutz is the money behind your operation you can do what you want without relying on the market.

• Like 4