Nashville Yards, 15 acres/4 million sq. ft./ $1 billion, Phase I: Grand Hyatt Hotel (25 stories), Phase II: Amazon (26 & 22 stories), Phase III: AEG District (4 K theater, 34 & 35 story apts); Phase IV: Pinnacle Tower (35 stories), Amazon 3 (43)

17 minutes ago, wreynol4 said:

I guess whatever term continues to milk as much money as possible

There it is. I lean towards the conspiracy theory direction on all that.

I understand that Beaman probably doesn't think that all this growth suits "little ol Nashville", but he's just going to find himself surrounded by dense city; one of the most out-of-place car lots ever. Also, as slow coming as it is, one day we'll have some sort of public transit that goes beyond buses, and that part of town will be more and more pedestrian friendly. Most of the people that live around Midtown might not be the best automobile customer base, and the people who drive past him live in the suburbs and buy their cars out there.

Edited by Philip
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, urbanplanet17 said:

Being from Detroit, where similar projects (few and far between) have been pure fantasy at best, I personally like to take the "I'll believe it when I see it" approach. Until a shovel hits the ground, I assume it's nothing more than a pipe dream and not happening. That way, you don't get your hopes up and you can be pleasantly surprised if it does eventually happen.

Palmer disagrees.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

I don't know what they call it now, but what the hell do stupid climate scientists know about climate science anyway, amirite y'all?!?  It's not like they went to school for this stuff and devoted their entire careers to it or anything.  I mean, I don't know about you, but I know that when 99 out of 100 doctors tell me I have cancer, I listen only to the one doctor that disagreed and tells me what I want to hear, and that DEFINITELY has nothing to do with wishful thinking on my part. :)  

giphy.gif

• Like 4

And now back to our original program already in progress...

On 6/15/2017 at 5:30 PM, nashvylle said:

I bet it's conceptual and will change over time

I hope you're right.  I like the overall concept of Nashville Yards.  I'm disappointed in the renderings.  Especially the Hyatt.  Why does it need to be "L" shaped.  Just build a taller tower with more architectural features and interest.  I was really hoping for something that would be an iconic building as the first structure to be built in the development.  Not to mention it will front to the most prominent street inside the CBD.  So it should be an iconic gateway building.  But just like the Omni, I don't get Hyatt either with this design.  If you're going to basically build a box, why does it need to be in form of an "L" shaped structure?  

As for the other towers, I hope they are more about location rather than the renderings.  Especially the residential buildings.  I may end up more disappointed in those than the Hyatt if they end up being squat boxes.

And, I think the Sullivan Building should stay.  The Lifeway Tower I can live with or without remaining.  But I'd rather see something with more height as it's replacement.  Also, now that they've announced the addition of an entertainment hall venue, this should be an opportunity to build a really nice modern structure as a center piece.  I truly hope it will be very artistic architecturally on the outside.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PillowTalk4 said:

And now back to our original program already in progress...

I hope you're right.  I like the overall concept of Nashville Yards.  I'm disappointed in the renderings.  Especially the Hyatt.  Why does it need to be "L" shaped.  Just build a taller tower with more architectural features and interest.  I was really hoping for something that would be an iconic building as the first structure to be built in the development.  Not to mention it will front to the most prominent street inside the CBD.  So it should be an iconic gateway building.  But just like the Omni, I don't get Hyatt either with this design.  If you're going to basically build a box, why does it need to be in form of an "L" shaped structure?  

As for the other towers, I hope they are more about location rather than the renderings.  Especially the residential buildings.  I may end up more disappointed in those than the Hyatt if they end up being squat boxes.

And, I think the Sullivan Building should stay.  The Lifeway Tower I can live with or without remaining.  But I'd rather see something with more height as it's replacement.  Also, now that they've announced the addition of an entertainment hall venue, this should be an opportunity to build a really nice modern structure as a center piece.  I truly hope it will be very artistic architecturally on the outside.

What's wrong with "L" shapes?

Unfortunately,  its not what we want , but what is affordable  and workable. Hotels and residential buildings are a lot different than office buildings. Rsidential and apartment buildings pretty much dictate windows, but office buildings offices do not. Many times you are inn a cubicle inthe center of the building with no window, thus the huge floor plates.

Most, but not all hotel buildings are thin, with the exception of hotels like an Embassy Suites that have large atriums,  but they have to or in most cases keep that courtyard under climate control which is expensive. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...